Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Leo

Thoughts ran through my head...

How much longer, Leo? Only a few days.

Repair Boy. Stop reminding me. I know that's all I'm good for.

A few days!? Yes, Annie, a few days. I'm sorry.

Disappointing looks. Why don't you try to fix a two ton battleship on your own?

Am I really a disappointment? Did I do enough? Can I work faster? Maybe, I can make it only one day? No, Leo, we want it done now.

Flashback...

I was hammering in nails to the hull of my newest creation, the Argo ll, as thoughts ran through my head.

Bang. Worthless. Bang. Idiot. Bang. Outsider. Bang. Unwanted. Bang. Repair Boy.

Jason and Piper haven't come to see me in three weeks. It's okay, though. I've been busy.

Is it okay? Yes. Well, it will be. I need them and they need me. I can't risk losing them just because they haven't come to check in on me. See if I've eaten (which I haven't). To see if I have slept or have taken a break (which I haven't). To just say hi.

Do they need you? Well... Did they need you the last three weeks? Well, no, but... But what?

"LEO. FREAKING. VALDEZ. WHY. IS. THE. HULL. NOT. FINISHED.???!!!!" Annabeth screamed.

"I'm almost done I just need to..."

"I. DON'T. CARE. GET. IT. DONE." Annabeth fumed.

"Geez, Annie." I smiled, "Calm down. I can see smoke coming out of your ears."

I saw Annabeth's hand twitch like she wanted to reach toward her ear, but before she could, she exploded. "YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH. YOU HEAR ME? WORTHLESS. CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY THAT YOU GET TO BUILD THIS SHIP OR I WOULD HAVE MURDERED YOU ALREADY. AND NEVER CALL ME ANIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!"

Annabeth turned on her heel, blond ponytail twirling behind her, and stormed out, but not before saying in a sickly sweet tone, "Be sure to finish the hull today. And the masts."

...Flashback End

Worthless.

Idiot.

Outsider.

Unwanted.

Repair Boy. Stop telling me that that is all I am to you.

You are a worthless piece of trash. Yes, I know.

Worthless. Stop reminding me.

You get to build this ship. I have to build this ship. Besides, I thought it was my idea.

I would have murdered you. Please, you already are.

By the end of the flashback, my body was violently shaking from sobbing.