Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Percy

The Seven and I were eating breakfast in the mess hall.

"So, Leo," Annabeth said, "When are we going to be able to set flight towards Greece once more?"

"So, Annie," Leo copied, "We will be able to set flight... tomorrow night, unless there is a delay due to a monster attack, which will likely happen. So, plan on the morning after that."

I looked at Leo and saw fear in his eyes even though there was a smile on his face. Is he scared of Annabeth?

"Two days?" Frank asked with annoyance, "Really, Valdez?"

I looked under the table and saw Leo digging his fingers into his palms.

"Can't you work faster, Leo?" Jason asked. The rest of the Seven grumbled in agreement.

"Look, Repair Boy," Piper said, "Get it done, faster."

"Do you understand, Leo?" Annabeth asked harshly. I looked at Annabeth in surprise. I never knew she could be so mean.

Leo's face was covered in hurt and sadness. I had had enough.

I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. Everyone looked to me with expectation. Expectation that I was going to yell at Leo.

Instead I yelled at them, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? HUH?" I yelled with anger boiling inside of me, "WHO SAYS YOU GET TO COME IN AND BASH ON LEO? HE WORKS SO HARD TO PLEASE YOU GUYS. DOES HE EVER GET A 'THANK YOU' IN RETURN? NO! I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU GUYS TRY TO FIX A FREAKING CSHIP. ON. YOUR. OWN. HE IS DOING HIS BEST. SO, DEAL."

I sat down again and sighed. When I looked up, everyone was looking at me. "What?" I asked, "Surprised that Leo has feelings?" I rolled my eyes.

Guilt was written all over everyone's faces. I looked at Leo and he was staring at me. Gratitude was splayed on his face and he smiled at me and mouthed, "Brother." I winked and mouthed, "Brother," back at him.

Leo and I stood up and walked out of the mess hall. Once we were on the deck, Leo said, "Thanks, bro."

I laughed and responded, "Anytime."