Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Annabeth

After the war (Leo still missing)...

"Perce!" Nico called.

"Yeah?" Percy replied worried, "Do you have news about Leo?"

"Yes," Nico said. Percy grabbed my hand and squeezed it. Why was he so worried about Leo? "He's... dead. I can feel his soul in the underworld."

Percy fell to the ground sobbing. It sounded like he was mumbling "brother."

I looked up at Nico with a questioning look, but Nico was already bending down to hug Percy.

Nico whispered, "It's gonna be okay, Percy. It's gonna be okay." Nico then broke down crying. "He was a brother to me too Perce. He was my only friend on the Argo ll." This made Percy hug Nico tightly.

"What are we going to do, Neeks?" Percy asked.

"I don't know."

"Why are guys so sad?" I asked. "It's just Leo."

I soon realized that saying that, was a mistake.

"JUST LEO?" Percy and Nico screamed at the same time, rising from the floor.

"You would be dead without him." Nico growled. What did Leo do to make Nico, the emotionless creepy guy, have emotions?

"He got us into many situations that could have gotten everyone killed!" I retorted.

Percy threw the first punch. Pain shot through my face and I could feel blood rushing from my nose. The warm substance dripped onto my Camp-Halfblood shirt. "What the heck, Percy?!"

"Leo was a brother to me and Nico. He was there when no one else was. Not even you." Percy responded, "You know what, Annabeth?"

"What, Percy?"

"We're through." Percy's voice dripped with hatred, "I've been thinking about this for a few months and you have changed. And not for the better. I'm done with you, Annabeth Chase."

"Oh come on, Seaweed Brain. You can't live without me." I smirked. But that smirk was soon wiped off my face as Nico threw a punch and darkness followed.