Chapter 22

WARNING: Cussing, self-doubt/hate

I want to thank you all for the support you have given me! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

This takes place on the same day as the last chapter!

-blue

Nico POV

Nyssa, Percy, and I all had our arms wrapped around Leo. We had been like this for a long time, but none of us cared. Leo's tears had stopped a few minutes ago. His skinny arms were wrapped around me, my shoulder wet from his tears. Nyssa was to my left with one arm wrapped around Leo, the other one, closest to me, was on Leo's leg. Percy, on my right, had his arms wrapped around both Leo and me.

"Guys, can I have some time alone?" Leo asked, shakily, into my shoulder. He pulled back from the hug and we all let go in surprise. He looked down at his grease-stained hands. "I'll be fine. I just need to be alone for a while. Campfire is right now, right? You guys go ahead and go. Have fun."

Nyssa looked at Leo with a concerned look, "Are you sure Leo?"

Leo stood up and we all did the same, "I'm sure."

He led us to the door and indicated it. I just stared. Percy frowns, "We want to be here, Leo. We want to stay."

"Yes, yes, yes, I know." The son of Hephsates says, "Now go."

Percy shuffled out the door. Leo noticed my staring and he rolled his eyes. He pushed me to the door, "Go have some fun, Nico."

I stood next to Percy outside the door and watched Nyssa fight with Leo to stay. Nyssa reached for the door, to close it, "Bye, guys. Have fun at the campfire!"

Leo caught the door and he pushed Nyssa, who stumbled out, "Hey!"

"Bye, guys!" Leo said with a wave and a smile, "Have fun at the campfire! All of you."

The door closed in our faces, and we stood there, stunned, for a few moments.

"What the Hades?" Nyssa asks. She turns to us with a confused look, "Why did he do that?"

"He just needs time to process," Percy said with a sad tone. And then I remember Annabeth.

"Hmm... Okay." Nyssa starts walking towards the fire with Percy by her side. I sigh and head towards my cabin.

"Nico!" I turn and the pair is looking at me. Percy speaks again, "Are you coming?"

"No, I'm not."

"Oh, okay..." Percy says with a sad tone, "See you later!"

I shake my head. No one wants me there. Why would they?

The walk to my cabin is silent except for the sound of my black converse digging into the wet grass. As I near the Hades cabin, I notice a figure standing outside the door. As I near a notice the figure has a blond ponytail, Annabeth. Soon, I am standing right behind her, but she still hasn't noticed me. Her right arm is raised to knock on the door, but she seems to be hesitating. "Need help?"

Annabeth jumped up and soon, her dagger is pointed at my throat. I looked into her eyes and raised my eyebrows.

(You know what I need? (My mind: FRESHAVACADO) I need a sassy Nico.)

"Oh, Gods!" Annabeth put her dagger away, "I'm so sorry, Nico!"

I shake my head and go to my door. "Nice to see you, Annabeth... I guess."

I shut the door and lay down on my bed. The cabin is dark and it would be hard to see, but I'm used to it. I stare up at the ceiling and take in some of the much-needed silence. But here at Camp Half-Blood, silence is something that you don't get very often. A knock at the door shook me from my thoughts and I groaned. I opened the door and my eyes first made contact with blond hair.

Will?

But then I saw the sparkling grey eyes. "What do you want, Annabeth?"

Annoyance coursed through me.

Can I be left alone for once?

She hurt Percy and Leo.

Why is she here?

We made eye contact and I noticed the dark bags under her eyes. She looks utterly exhausted. Her eyes are red from crying, I assume, and her normally perfect ponytail was sloppy and falling apart. She broke eye contact and looked at the floor, "Can we talk?"

I held in a sigh. I hate talking to people, but Annabeth looked dead on her feet, and I didn't want to see the look on her face if I refused. "Sure."

I closed the door to the cabin and I started walking. Annabeth hesitated for a moment and then came up behind me and slowly followed. And that's when I knew, something is seriously wrong with Annabeth. She's always in front. She never hesitates.

I walked in front of her all the way to the beach where we found a spot and sat down.

Annabeth pulled her knees up to her chest and looked out at the ocean with a sorrowful look. I sat there, in the disgusting sand, and waited and waited, but she didn't speak a word. My patience began wearing out and a feeling of anger overcame me. I clenched my fist and took in a deep breath. But it didn't seem to help because more anger boiled inside of me. A scream came from next to me and I turned to see Annabeth scrambling back from the skeleton. She stood up and shook, staring at the skeleton, ready to take it with her bare hands. I shoved her out of the way and willed the skeleton to go back into the ground. I looked down at Annabeth, who had fallen to the floor and was now glaring at me, I glared back at her and fear shown in her eyes. And that was my breaking point, "WHAT! WHAT DO YOU WANT? SNAP OUT OF IT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? STOP WASTING MY TIME! I DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED HOW SCARED EVERYONE IS OF ME! OKAY? SO, STOP. STOP IT! I'M DONE! I'm done..."

"Nico..." Annabeth started, but I cut her off. I didn't need her sympathy.

"Stop."

"Look..."

"I said, STOP." I crossed my arms and looked out at the ocean. I heard movement behind me. "Stop."

A hand landed on my shoulder and it spun me around. I opened my eyes and stared into sparkling grey ones. "What the fuck do you want? I said, 'STOP.'"

Annabeth shoved me and I stumbled backward, "What the fuck!"

She walked over to me and stabbed her finger at my chest. She towered over me and gave me her famous glare. "LISTEN, ASSHOLE. I GET YOUR ALL DARK AND MYSTERIOUS OR WHATEVER, BUT STOP. YES, YOU. YOU STOP. STOP THINKING EVERYONE IS AFRAID OF YOU BECAUSE THEY AREN'T. EVERYONE THINKS THAT YOU ARE A SWEET, INNOCENT, CINNAMON ROLL. CLEARLY, THEY ARE WRONG. IF ANYONE IS AFRAID OF YOU, IT'S BECAUSE YOU MADE THEM AFRAID OF YOU. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP. OPEN YOUR EYES. WE ALL LOVE YOU! YOU HAVE A FUCKING PROTECTION SQUAD. ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT TALK TO YOU EVERY DAY? THEY TALK TO YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. THEY WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND. THEY WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU. THEY CARE ABOUT YOU, NICO! YOU'RE THE ONE PUSHING THEM AWAY! AND EVERY TIME YOU PUSH THEM AWAY, YOU ARE HURTING THEM, NOT HELPING THEM! THEY THINK THAT THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG. SO, OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES! SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE YOU, NICO! GODS! EVEN I DO! AND I AM SO SORRY! I'm so sorry... So, if anyone is afraid of anyone, it's me. Everyone hates me and loves you, Nico. So get it through your thick skull, asshole."

(Oh, dam. She ranted longer than I realized...)

Annabeth ran off before I could get a word out, and I could hear her whispering, "I'm sorry..."

Before I could run after her, and tell her that she's wrong, I felt pain erupt from my back.

That's right. I still don't know what happened to Nico when he got hurt. And neither do you guys. It will be a surprise for us all. But I felt like this was a good place to stop. And I needed to update soon! Love y'all! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! -blue