Chapter 18

Leo POV

"We finished!" I shout. The mini-Argo 11 is finally finished. Annabeth gives me a bright smile and she holds up her hand, causing me to flinch, hard.

"Leo?" I push down the feeling of fear and give her a bright smile. I hold up my hand for a high-five. Annabeth gives me a concerned look, "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm the Super-Sized McSchizzle Man!" I smile, "We just finished this project I've been working on for weeks! Let's go test it out!"

I silently hope that I distracted her and I go to pick up the small boat. I give her a questioning look. She gives me the same look. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Nope!" I say, "Let's go test this out!"

"Well, I would love to, Leo, but I need to get back to my cabin." Annabeth says with a sad smile, "Thanks for everything."

I give a her a nod and smile. As she walks out I grab her wrist, "You're going to talk to Percy, right? Cause it wouldn't be fair to him if I was friends with you while..."

"I'm going to talk to him soon." Annabeth gives me another sad smile, "I can't wait for us to be friends again."

"Yeah, me too." I sigh when the door closes. A deep feeling of sadness bubbled inside me, the same one I get every time a friend leaves me, even one that used to hate me. I look at the boat and sigh, "I guess I'll do it by myself then."

I hear a knock at the door and I turn to answer it. I open the door to reveal the love of my life. I smile, "Hey, Sunshine!"

"Hey, Leo," Calypso looks down and a nervous feeling churns inside me, "We need to talk."

"Oh." I step aside and she walks in. Fear takes over all other emotions. We sit down next to each other on a work bench. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Leo, you did everything perfectly..."

We sit in silence for a long time, and the entire time I nervously fiddle with my hands, but Calypso just sits still, deep in thought. "Calypso, why did you come here?"

I pinch my finger and nervously wait for the answer. "Look, Leo, I don't think we should be together."

I stay silent and fight the urge to cry.

"I did love you, but after we left Ogygia, I no longer felt the same way towards you. I told myself that i was just nervous to meet your friends, but I still didn't love you in the same way after I met them..."

"So, this whole time, our kiss on Ogygia, us traveling the world, dating here at camp, our love... it was all a lie?"

"Yeah." Calypso whispers.

"Oh."

"I'm so sorry, Leo."

And the hardest part of this is that, "It's not your fault, Calypso."

It's mine. I should have known that no girl like Calypso, could love someone like me... It's my fault for falling for her.

"Leo..."

"It's okay, Calypso. It's not your fault."

Calypso gave me a hug that didn't last long enough, and she left. As soon as the door shut, I let out a sob, which would be the first of many for this night.

Sorry for not updating. I'm going to update this story as much as I can now.
-blue