four - whos worthy?

Two days later...

Me and Dad made up finally, I still haven't told anyone about the ice thing.

I was in the main area, trying to help Tony tidy up.

I haven't been allowed anywhere outside school and the tower but that's understandable, I did sneak out.

"Please tell me you're not wearing jeans tonight." He turned of the vacuum.

"I'll wear what I damn please." I replied. "You finish, I'm going to get a snack."

I walked through the hall and into the kitchen, Dad was reading something at the counter.

"Hey." I smiled and opened the fridge.

He was pretty focused on what he was reading. "Hey, I was thinking...if you're so upset about not being able to...be a normal kid." He pulled up his tablet thingy. "Why don't you join an after school group."

I shrugged, I don't know anyone in those groups.

"Sure you do, What groups are Peter and Ned in?" He asked.

"How do you know about Peter and Ned?"

"Hazel, I know everything." He looked me in the eyes.

"Okay not creepy or anything..."

"What about swimming?"

I shook my head. "I can't even go swimming in the pool here without freaking out."

"Okay uh...cheerleading."

"Hell to the no." I pulled a glass from the cupboard.

Dad spotted my bruised knuckle from punching the bag after my glove broke. "What happened?" He put his tablet down.

"Oh I...slammed my hand in my...door."

He gave me a unconvinced look but shook it off. "Hazel there's bound to be something, when you're at school next week you should check some things out."

I grabbed orange juice and poured it into my cup. "Maybe..." I shrugged and took a gulp of my juice.

"Hey the party is tonight, don't wear jeans."

"Why is everyone telling me not to wear jeans?" I groaned and took my orange juice to my room.

Okay no jeans, there's bound to be a dress somewhere.

I pulled out a red and black checkered dress. This will do me justice.

I picked up my orange juice, it was warmer then how I like it.

Hm, if I'm able to freeze a sand bag maybe I can make this colder.

I put my glass and and stepped back. I put my hand out and attempted to cool it.

It completely froze. I picked up the glass and turned it upside down. It's completely solid

Well shit.

• • •

I put on the dress I laid out and put my hair up for once. One thing I will never wear is heels.

Never.