twelve - korea

Nat woke me up and left the room, I quick put my suit on and tied my hair back. Ready for action.

I left a little note to Lila. // Thank you for the lovely makeover, I'll be back soon for another tea party! Ps. I'll bring cinnamon rolls. //

I put it on the pillow and walked downstairs, everyone was getting ready to leave.

"I'll take Natasha, Clint and Hazel." Dad put his shield on his back.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony was looking at his watch, probably getting directions to the tower.

"If Ultron is really building a body..." Dad paused.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony nodded.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

I raised my head from messing with my belt. "And me." Dad looked at me weirdly. "Hey, I'm a super strong dudette too."

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury past, putting on his jacket.

"She's all yours, apparently. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope."

"Can you not die again, my heart physically can't take anymore of your fake deaths." I tightened my boots.

Fury laughed a bit and walked away.

Laura walked down the hall. They looked like they were having a moment so I skirted away.

Dad was outside with Nat so I went there. "Dad you should take cooking lessons from Laura." I walked onto the quinjet past them.

"Hey I cook perfectly fine."

"Compared to Laura, I'm basically eating bland food."

Dad always gives up on our tiny banter because I'll never stop.

I grabbed one of the small hand guns, loaded it and put it in holster on my belt.

We had a good ride so I pulled up my queen playlist and put my earphones in.

I hummed to the tune and took my seat.

                              •   •   •

We dropped dad off at a location, I waited on the quinjet with Nat. Clint was flying it.

"Two minutes. Stay close."

I stood close to Nat, ready if I had to do anything.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

How can a gem be that powerful, well nothing should surprise me at this point.

"Did you guys copy that?"

"We did." Clint replied.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him." Nat was looking around.

"There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron."

I heard some struggle over the coms. "Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way."