eighteen - post credits

The sun, it's always drained me in a way and I always left faint under the heat. As a kid when other kids were throwing balls around and playing, I liked to sit on the steps and draw in the shade.

Parts of me felt dark but not just from my brutal beginning. I'm always one moment away from snapping yet I never act out, I bury it and lock it away.

I don't share things, I don't like to remember and everything is trying to flood back. Seeing Wendy in Korea made those locks break and now all the closure I though I had is gone.

There's a evil lurking and I'm the one who has to bring it to light. I always thought I was lucky to not have a villain to deal with personally like T'Challa had Killmonger or like how Dad had the Red Skull.

Does this really surprise me? I've seen many cheat death even myself. I'm naive for thinking Phillip would be any different.

I have to leave my comfortable shade and enter where the sun is, where I hate to be. I have to do this myself.

• • •

Masha Voznesensky's POV

I sat criss cross on a office desk in an abandoned building. I whistled while picking my fingernails. If only nail salons and hairdressers was a regular thing, just imagine walking up and saying 'hey I'll take pink and don't worry about the blood underneath my nails!'

I heard a creak down the hall and I stopped whistling, finally. A few seconds later a woman walked in. She seemed very timid. "Finally, I was thinking you bailed and I'd have to come kill you and your whole family." I joked but she looked terrified. "A joke..." I reassured her.

She plopped a stack of files on the desk. "Here's what you requested."

I picked up the first file and flipped through it. "Is there anything else I need to know if it's not in these files?"

"From what I gathered, SHIELD kept a few things out of those files for reasons I don't know." She told me.

"Piper Evine... the SSR's first female undercover agent with enhancements. What do you gather about her?" I took out a picture and closed the file.

"She had a very unfortunate life, nothing seemed to go right for her... but those are the only files on her, when they did the digital transfer they never made it into the system, they wanted to bury her." She spoke honestly.

"Or SHIELD wanted to protect her... you can go, I'll have that man taken care of for you within a few days."

She nodded and quickly walked out, what a little scaredy cat, I don't bite... well I do sometimes.

I hopped off the desk and looked closely at the picture. She looks nothing like I expected.

"Let's find out who Piper Evine is

"Let's find out who Piper Evine is..." I stashed the files into a nearby bag I had laying and zipped it up.

I put my sun glasses on and after a few flights of stairs and short walk I merged onto the busy New York street. People always going somewhere and they all share dreams. It's a lie, New York never brings dreams but only a darker hole for rats to hide.

I walked into a also busy parking lot and hopped on my motorcycle, took off my sunglasses and put on my helmet.

I pulled out of the parking lot and sped off down the road. I went in and out of traffic until I found the street where my hideout was.

I turned off my bike and lifted up the garage. Once it was open I walked my bike in and shut the garage door. I took off my bag and put it on the table in the corner.

It's a simple hideaway. Garage doors for a quick exit. A couch for sleeping, small fridge with mostly expired food. A older car but still fast enough sits on the other side and a table with computers and other stuff I need.

I switched on the computer so I could see my cameras pointing down the street and around the area incase I'm found. I opened the bag and pulled out the stack of files. Jesus Christ is she this important.

The first file read 'Piper Evine, born 1920 died 1944' with basic info that doesn't give me a insight at all. Why did they bury this?

I peeled through each paper, they say she's enhanced but won't give a single detail on her enhancement. I may have to dig deeper.

This is decades of erasing and hiding, why hide your first female super-powered agent? She should've been a name upheld in every SHIELD base.

And why is she important to Hazel?

MEME TIME AND I HAVE NOT WATCHED SECRET INVASION YET NO SPOILERS OR ILL CRY