eight - wa-wakanda?

Hazel's POV

Everyone is back at the tower, Tony is on the phone trying to figure out the damages to my school.

It was all over the news.

"That could have went better." I took a wet cloth and cleaned my bloody nose from using my powers.

"Why didn't you call sooner?" Natasha asked.

"Well...The power went out and I didn't know it was an attack until I uh got attacked." I shrugged.

"Your boyfriend was helpful." Clint smirked, Dad perked up. "What boyfriend?"

"Chill, he's just a friend." I rolled my eyes and poured some apple juice.

"Come on, he gave you his jacket." Natasha winked.

"He's given his jacket to me before. He's just very nice." I snuggled into the jacket, it's smells like him- I MEAN...

"Okay back to the point, what have you found out?" I took a sip of my apple juice, I am still light headed from passing out so this helps.

"We did find something out but we had to put it on hold to save your ass." Tony walked backed to table that had all the files.

"Would you rather me have gotten killed by your own robot? Technically it would have been your fault." I walked over to the tables and looked at some of the files.

Everyone walked in and got back to work.

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce was sitting down.

I pulled out some files out of a box marked 'Hydra' it had the known members, each one had their own file including any known associates.

I pulled out a file, it had the name of the man I hated most. 'Phillip Black'

It had information about him, including things about my mother. He was abusing her too but not as much as he abused me. I still remember his hands around me.

I pulled out a picture, it was my four year old self. I remember when I had to sit while this picture was taken. I had bruises and cuts on my face. I'm grateful that I escaped.

I stared blankly at my picture for god knows how long before I felt a hand on my shoulder. "You find anything?" Natasha looked at what I was holding.

"Nope, nothing important." I replied but she picked up the file I was looking at. "Who's Phillip Black?" She flipped through the folder.

Natasha took the picture out of my hand, looking at it for a second. "This was the guy that hurt you, isn't it?"

Everyone paused from looking at the files they were holding. Dad walked over, taking the folder and picture from Natasha hands.

I sighed and covered my head on the table. Phillip was the real monster, I'll never know his intentions that he had for me. They could have been worse if I never escaped. I shuddered.

Dad rubbed my back, he too was staring at the picture of little me. He had some pain in his eyes.

"Wait. I know that guy." Tony pointed at a file that Bruce was holding. He handed it to Tony. "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." Dad gave him an accusing look. "There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything."

I looked at the picture, leaning to the side onto my dad's arm. I am feeling sad after being reminded of Phillip and his shitty-ness

"He was talking about finding something new, a game changer, it was all very "Ahab."" Tony shrugged.