Chapter 2: Ermias

Ermias

1,825 is how many days I spent in the California State prison. And everyday being able to see the outside of the penitentiary seemed unfeasible. That was until a few minutes ago when one of the C.O's told me to pack my shit so I could be released. I gathered the most important shit to me, which was pictures of my 10yr old daughter Essence and my notebook full of rap lyrics and also dreams and aspirations I wanted to fulfill. After that I left that cell with a quickness.

"Mr. Asghedom leaving so soon? I thought you loved it here." Rodgers this fat ass old white nigga joked causing him to laugh like he had a damn honeybun stuck in his throat . He was one of the grimiest C.O's in this bitch and I couldn't stand his racist ass.

"Rodgers why don't yo fatass go do some damn work! And stop all this HeHe! Haha! Shit." Officer Willie aka Pops another older black C.O said coming to give me a change of clothes after my shower. I couldn't help but crack up at him as he shooed Rodgers off.

"Preciate that pops!" I chuckled thanking him for coming to my defense.

"No problem son! And don't listen to him. You're one of the good ones. You just promise me that you won't ever bring yo light skin ass back here or I'll kick yo ass myself. You ain't to old to be beat." Pops said in all seriousness sending me into a fit of laughter.

"Trust me Mr. Willie you ain't gotta tell me twice." After turning 30 inside the Pen I vowed if I ever see the light of day outside these four walls my ass ain't ever coming back. Now I'm 32 finally being released after Five years when I was told I'd be here for twenty.

He smiled before allowing me to handle my business. About an hour later after my shower and being processed out I was exiting the place I had been confined to for the last five years taking in the beautiful California air. It was November and the weather had a nice breeze to it and the fact that the sun was shining was an added bonus.

I was so elated just to be free I forgot a nigga ain't have no transportation out this bitch. Or so I thought.

"Waddup! You bitch made, light skin mark ass nigga!" I turned tryna see who the fuck was coming at me sideways. I was ready to get it crack'n right here in the prison parking lot till I seen the nigga that was talking shit.

"Maannn! If you don't shut yo Double Fat burger patty headass up!" I joked back at my nigga Jodie aka Bully who was sitting on top of his candy blue six-fo Impala his pops left him after he was killed in 96

"Maannn! If you don't shut yo Double Fat burger patty headass up!" I joked back at my nigga Jodie aka Bully who was sitting on top of his candy blue six-fo Impala his pops left him after he was killed in 96. After Tupac got shot in Vegas the Bloods vs Crips war got crazy on the East Coast and unfortunately his pops who was known as Corrupt a member of the Rolling 60's crips lost his life.

"Sleezo welcome back nigga!" He beamed hopping off the hood of his car to dap me up.

"Top of the top Nigga! What's Hap'nin it's good to be back." I said embracing my childhood friend.