TAP! TAP! TAP IN!!!!

Endangered Species
Chapters Prologue and Chapters 1-2 out Now!!!!

Endangered Species Chapters Prologue and Chapters 1-2 out Now!!!!

Starring Keith Powers as Justice "Juice" Shakur

Justice

I thought this was it for me. They tried to give me ten years. Ten! For a crime I never committed. Camera footage of the robbery and my arrest hidden by the Atlanta police department was discovered by my sister and used to exonerate me of all charges.

The sad truth of it all, is that the witness an older white woman who claimed she saw me as the robber, didn't actually see the robbery or me specifically taking anything.

Her words were "I saw some black guy holding a black bag walking and smiling like he just did something."

My jeweler from Ice Box, who was never asked to be a witness when I was first sentenced showed evidence from his store footage that during the time of the robbery I had just bought a necklace for Kidada's birthday and was leaving the store headed to my car when she saw me.

Replaying the last year of my life, it felt like a heavy burden was lifted off my back. My shoulders shook as I released all the pain and sadness I endured through tears. The embarrassment I felt for myself and my mother to have to witness her son follow in the footsteps of his father by being imprisoned, the unfair treatment by the Atlanta police department and the stereotypes of a black man that made me a target for this sort of unjust.....I released it!

Because I wasn't a criminal.

Because I'm not some monster.

My skin color is not a weapon of mass destruction.

I am a brother.....I am a son and lastly I'm a man.

...............A free man.