Chapter 16: My Sister's Keeper

Ermias

Ermias

Since my album release I been on this lil promo tour with Jodie doing shows and interviews. I hated leaving Boog and the kids behind especially when she was beating herself up about having to quit the show, but thank god everything worked out.

My baby was having my baby and she got to keep her spot on the show. Since the success of my debut album and the Marathon Clothing Store I been getting business deals left and right. First on the agenda is Vector 90, a Co-Working space and STEM program for impoverished youth. My hopes is that it creates an alternative to gangs and steer young kids in the right direction.

Also Puma hit me up about doing a line of clothing set to be released sometime next year. My plate was full at this point but I was happy. It just made me think back on them times my plate was empty and I was starving, figuratively and literally.

I had some off time and I was back in my hometown for a lil minute. Boog was taping at the studio and the kids was off to school so while Jodie cup-caked with Cleo ugly ass, I decided to head over to Ma Dukes house.

I pulled up in my Mercedes Benz and hopped out headed towards the front door. Using my key I made my way inside hearing shooting coming from the tv. I laughed to myself knowing Pops was watching some gangster movie where somebody getting blasted on. He the type of guy that root for the bag guys in the movies.

"Aye! Who dat is coming thru my doe cuz!?" My pops shouted and I knew damn well he had one hand on the tv remote and the other on his Beretta.

"Put the Gat down Pops! It's me Ermias." I let him know quickly revealing myself with my hands up. And as expected one of his hands held the direct tv remote and the other was his piece pointed at my direction.

"Nigga next time you better speak! Have yo ass leaking like a faucet fucking with me." He said in all seriousness. Pops been in the hood long enough to know never let your guard down.

"My bad Pops! But wassup witchu? What you in here watching?" I asked  taking a seat next to him on the couch.

"Shit chillin' watching Baby Boy. That soft ass nigga Tyrese just got blasted on by the Nigga with the fly ass perm." He said slapping hands wit me.

I nodded laughing a lil bit getting comfortable as my mama came through from her room kissing the top of my head before taking a seat on the loveseat next to us.

"Hi sweetie! Good to see you. How's the promo tour been?" Mama asked me before turning her attention to the television.

"What's hannin' pretty lady!? The tour been cool. Glad to be back home for a minute. I just wanted to stop by and see y'all till the kids get outta school and Boog get home from filming."

"Oh that's good. I enjoyed watching my grand babies during the weekend while Lauren worked." She revealed smiling happily. "I just wished your father would stop watching these Thug movies in front of Eden. And surprisingly  he sat right up under him too, eyes never left the screen." Mama continued shaking her head and pops just shrugged.