Chapter 3: Don't Know It Yet

Ermias

I had been home for a couple of weeks now just laying low kicking it with my family and working on the music shit. I was also in the developmental stages of my big investment with Cowboy. Shit was really looking up.

Today was Thanksgiving and Jodie and I had just came back from the grocery store after his moms had sent us to get hella shit. One thing about Mama Jan is, it don't matter what the function is, you just know niggas is coming out like it's a fucking block party on the Fourth of July.

 One thing about Mama Jan is, it don't matter what the function is, you just know niggas is coming out like it's a fucking block party on the Fourth of July

"Ah! Boys thank you so much for running to the store for me. You already know the whole damn hood about to be at my damn house." Mama Jan said we sat the grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

"No problem auntie."

"Ermias and Jodie go tell them lazy little girls to come in here and help in this kitchen. They have been on those phones all morning." My mama told us.

"I gotchu Ma." I said before beckoning Jodie to follow me to the family room.

We both stood behind a unsuspecting Nefertiti and Jaliyah.

I silently counted us off and on three we both yanked on a piece of our sister's hair causing they heads to jerk back

"Owww!" They said in unison as Jodie and I bust out laughing. " Y'all niggas play too much, damn!" Jaliyah screeched.

"Ermias you fuck up my hair I'm gone fuck you up better!" Nefertiti snapped.

"Yea okay. It ain't nothing for you to catch this fade little buster. But anyway Mama want y'all in the kitchen." I told them before they both huffed as they got up going to help out.

"Aye E' let's go outback and smoke a lil herb." I followed Jodie to his patio out back that had a bunch of tables and chairs everywhere. Luckily Essence was upstairs playing with Jaliyah's daughter Paris so we had some down time.

Jodie rolled a fat one and we kicked back chill'n. "Say homie how my baby doing?" I questioned taking long drag from the blunt.

"Who essence?" He questioned in confusion.