206: Release

It was the start of spring, the weather has turned warmer, the snakes that went hibernating has woken up as well.

A few days before, Chi was busy bringing his sons out from their dens, he has sent those that are venomous and picky about their environment, he also decided to set those venomless free to the wild. After busy for a few days, there weren't many snakes left.

While the weather remained nice and warm, Chi and Wu went ahead to release the rest of them to the wild.

Looking at them slithering away, Wu had a blissful expression on his face.

'You knew long ago I would get rid of the snakes right?' Chi suddenly asked.

Wu was shocked, then he shrugged his shoulders with an indifferent look on his face.

'How would I know?'

Chi then knew, why Wu was constantly sitting in front of the desk making sugar sculptures of the snakes when Shuo was still around. He thought Wu was doing a protest; when they were 'broken up', he again thought those sculptures were to provoke him; until now then he realized, Wu knew that he wouldn't be with the snakes for long, so he made the sculptures as memoirs.

Actually, Wu held onto this relationship very tightly.

He was much stronger than what Chi thought.

Such precious like Wu made Chi's heart grew more attached to him, even though Chi got Wu in his hands, Chi was still always worried about losing him. If you say Chi was more captivated by Wu as compared to the beginning, then after that Chi grew more reliant on him, and now he has more respect and love for Wu. Chi sees Wu as a tall tree, then now his roots were entwined around his trunk and roots as well, enjoying rain or shine together.

Chi's gaze slowly turned solemn, he deliberately looked at Wu with a threatening gaze.

'You really didn't know?'

Wu tried to fight back for a while, but finally, he can't take it anymore, he tip-toed and wrapped his arms around Chi's neck, a smile full of mischieve yet looked so innocent.

How does Chi bear to put up an angry front to him anymore?

The second before his expression was still solemn, the next it turned bright as the sun, he dragged Wu back the way they came.

'Actually, Jealous is with me,' Wu said.

Chi was rather surprised, 'At yours?'

Wu said rather boastfully, 'He came back himself to the clinic, so I kept him and secretly hid him in the office.'

Chi squinted his eyes, 'So he stayed in your office for the whole winter?'

Wu smirked.

'You hid him well!' Chi didn't sound too pleased.

Wu quickly explained, 'You can't blame this on me, I was also forced to do so, I didn't intend to keep him at first but I still can't make his sculpture!'

'Since that's the case, let's find a time to give him to someone else,' Chi said.

Wu tightly gave Chi's hand a squeeze, 'I dare you to do that!'

Chi was at loss of words, 'You said you were forced to, now you're making me look like the bad guy, forcing you to keep a gift from my 'ex-wife'.'

Wu was rather stubborn, 'I don't care who gifted him, he is Er Bao.'

Without such a magnanimous heart, how could he swallow Chi whole?

But Chi didn't give up either, he flicked on Wu's forehead.