216: Revenged

Gui and Ying left the company together.

Wu has proven his sincerity this time, he brought out all the agreement forms for several government-funded projects and passes to the constructions in front of Gui, Wu was trying to show that he had everything in control.

'Have you thought it through?' Wu asked.

Seems like it has been decided, Gui can only move forward or back up. There will be risks if he advances forward, he might sacrifice his career with one wrong move; he will be at a loss if he backed up, he had already put in way too much money into this project. 

So now he can only gamble.

'I've decided, I will take this project down,' Gui said.

Wu's lips split, 'About the transaction fees...'

Gui immediately guaranteed, 'As per we promised before.'

'But now there are two huge companies trying to buy this project too.'

Wu waved over his lawyer, his lawyer handed Gui two documents containing the descriptions of the two companies.

Gui's expression looked serious, 'Are you saying you don't intend to let this project to us? Or are you having doubts about the promised amount?'

'You misunderstood me,' Wu smiled, 'Since I've already given you my promise, I will never take them back, plus, you were once my superior, I could never ignore our past relationship.'

Gui's mood wasn't significantly improved after hearing this, but his heart felt like it was hanging by a few thin threads.

'Yeah...' Gui nodded slowly, 'You're still young, you have a lot of room for improvements, a social circle should be your priority for now.'

Wu immediately turned his tone 180, 'But relationships are relationships, we should keep them clear when businesses are involved. Including you, there are 3 companies interested in this project, if you want me to make a decision now, you have to show your sincerity.'

Gui sounded tense, 'With a nod, I will immediately transfer 30% of the promised amount. When we have completed the transaction process, I will then transfer the rest to your account.'

'I'm not talking about that, what I meant by sincerity is this,' Wu pointed at his chest.

'This?' Gui pointed at his chest while eyeing at Ying.

Wu flashed a slight smile.

'Your niece is not bad.'

A smile broke Gui's tense expression.

'Having the chance to know someone like you is her honour, that sincerity is on us. Mr. Wu, feel free to have fun tonight, the bill is on me.' 

Wu's face suddenly dropped, 'But I don't have a house.'

Gui's expression was on another level low.

Wu added, 'I don't even have a house, do you feel safe handling your niece to me? Your sincerity is sufficient, but mine is not!'

Gui fell into a struggle again, he almost emptied all of his assets previously. Now all that's left was the house that he bought last year, he was keeping it for retirement...but this opportunity is too tempting, if nothing goes wrong, he will earn everything back and more, the revenue by then would be in terms of billions.

'No worries, I'm just joking around,' Wu simply brushed it off, 'You don't have to take it seriously, this discussion can wait until I've made my decision.'

'No need for that!' It was as if Gui made a difficult decision, 'You don't have to worry about that, we can do it later!'

Wu smiled.