15)Heart Of Stone.

>Sam P.O.V<

It was late August here in California which meant fall was near. My favorite time of the year. The cool nights. Autumn color leaves. Hats and hoodies. Best of all college season starts. Right now I was watching Tom & Jerry alone because Jacob had to attend something. He refused to tell me. So I just didn't push the subject. Lately everybody's been distant from me. I cant help but feel like I did something. The only person that seems to want to be around me is Kevin. I went outside with hoodie and uggs. I walked along the side walk kicking the cool autumn colored leaves. My phone began ringing.

Jacob.

"Hello?"

"Sam?"

He sounded like he had been crying.

"Yes Jacob?"

"I need you. Now!"

"Where are you? Whats wr---"

"At the park near the grave yard."

I was confused. Why would he be there?

"On my way."

I hurried to the park. I didn't see Jacob's car but I did see him. He was sitting on the bench. I went up to him and slowly lift his head but he put it back down when he looked me in the eyes. His eyes was bloody red. Puffy around his eyes. And tear stains on his cheeks.

Sam: Jacob whats wrong?

He didn't answer he didn't even look at me. All he did was get up and start walking to the tombstones. We walked in silence. Jacob was in front of me. A little ahead though. I kept a steady pace behind him. He stop at a pacific tombstone. I looked at it. I was a bit uncertain about it. I turn to Jacob, he just started to tear up.

Jacob: It was my grandfather. He died when I was little. Him and my Nana was all I had. My mom worked a lot to make sure I always had what I wanted. My dad abandoned us when I was smaller so the only person I had as a male role model in my life was him. So his passing put a big affect in my life. My Nana is everything to me and loosing would be the end of me.

He wasn't even making eye contact with me.

Sam: Why are you telling me this?

Jacob turned to me.

Jacob: Remember I said my Nana was getting sick.

Sam: Yeah. Why?

Jacob: Well today I got a call from my mom saying that she needs to talk to me.

Sam: And?

Jacob: And my Nana is having open heart surgery and there's no guarantee that she'll make it through.

I grasped with my hand over my mouth. Jacob look down and shook his head in disappointment. He even chuckled a little. I went up to him trying to give him a hug but he refused.

Sam: Jacob I'm here for--

Jacob: Save It Sam. Everybody said the same thing. Where are they now? Huh?

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. There was nothing I could say. Because I didn't know what to say?

Jacob: Nowhere to be found.

Sam: Jacob I was only trying to hel--

Jacob: HELP? EVERYBODY IS TRYING TO HELP. BUT I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP. NOR ANYONE ELSE'S.

I was surprised at the raise of his voice. He had his fist clutched and his jaw clenched. I took a step back.

Jacob: YOU KNOW WHAT SAM. JUST LEAVE.

I wanted to cry. How could he say something like that.

Sam: What?

I choked on my words.

Jacob: LEAVE! I WANT TO BE ALONE. JUST GET OUT OF MY FACE.

I stood there speechless. I was still behind him.

Jacob: DIDN'T I SAY I WANT TO BE ALONE?

I didnt say anything. There was nothing I could say. I ran all the way back home slamming the door. Crying. Screaming. I was hurt. That's what I get trying to help others. I went to the bathroom shuffling through the cabinets until I found it in my make-up bag. Thankfully no one was home. Here we stand face to face again. It was my best friend during high school and since I graduated I never thought I'd see it again. But here we are. Different situation but same reason. I still have the scars from my freshman year all the way to prom night.

*Flashback*

It was my freshman year in high school. It was a new school that I went too. Very different from my other. I was anti-social. Nobody wanted to talk to me. My style matched everyone else's but was off a little. I didn't have the latest styles like everyone else. The kids laughed at me. Some didn't but most of them did. This one kid came up behind me when I was at my locker and push me into it. I had bruises starting to form on my cheek and lower jaw. I had a huge cut on my shoulder from the locker. It wasn't deep but it still hurt like it was. It seemed like the entire school was laughing at me. They wouldn't let me live that day down. They called me names. Made fun of my hair, my freckles, ME. I had no friends and I couldnt make any either. When I got home I went straight to my room and cried and cried and cried till the tears just stopped. I found my new and only best friend in my mothers clippers. No one knows I cut. And I hope to keep it that way. From that day till now I have gotten bullied. Not by one in particular but by everyone. Since that day I have been cutting. The pain was extraordinary. Relieving.

*Flashback Over*

Sam: He wants to be alone. Ill leave him alone.

For Good.

>Jacob's P.O.V<

I stayed at the grave yard for hours. I watched Sam leave. Hurt. She practically ran away from me. I wanted to call out for her and apologize but after the way I treated her she would never forgive me. I was beyond pissed. I was selfish. Sam was only trying to help but I pushed her away. After I realized what I had done I had no choice but to go after Sam. I ran and ran and ran till I was face to face to her door. The door was open.

"Hello?"

Nothing.

I walked in all the lights were out. I ran up to Sam's room and turned on the lights. The only thing that was in the room was furniture. All her stuff was gone. I ran to the bathroom where it was the only light was on in the house. Blood was everywhere. On the floor. On the counter. It was a trail that lead to the bathtub. I was in complete shock.

Jacob: She's gone. I lost her.

I dropped to my knees and cried because of my stupid ass my girlfriend is gone.

Forever.