The beginning

Ever since the beginning of times, there were forces not even God herself could control. Forces such as love or free will.
On the day we are talking about, both of them were present, but they were hidden in the hearts of a demon and an angel, who shall develop both along history.
Back to the present day, the angel and the demon had 6000 years to know each other, 6000 years where they faced the imposible, even Armageddon and the Antichrist, who later turned out to be a really sweet child to the eyes of both.
Our angel was called Aziraphale, guardian of the Eastern gate of Eden, and he was, as usual, on his bookshop, on not so usual conditions. He was with Crowley, our demon, one of the fallen who did not exactly fall but more like 'saunter vaguely downwards'.
"For how long?" Crowley asked.
"Since 1941"
"World War II, when I saved your ass from those Nazis in London?"
"Not like I couldn't have saved myself but, yes, ever since then"
"So, are you seriously telling me, you've been in love with me for more than 50 years and said nothing?" Crowley was holding back some laughter, after all, he knew well the situation.
"Y-yes Crowley, what do you mean? Why are you looking at me like if I was some sort of jester?"
"It's nothing angel, but I wonder, why?"
"Are you serious? We are an angel and a demon Crowley, I didn't even think you were able of feeling romantic atraction for anyone until a few minutes ago"
"Oh angel, believe me, I feel love, I've felt it for a long time, bit weird at first, but after almost 6000 years it's like breathing for humans"
And now you may be wondering, what exactly happened between this two to be having this conversation?
Turns out Armagedidn't, as some call it, brought up some feelings that could not be contained in Aziraphale anymore, he had been in love with his best friend for what felt like a really long time, longer than it was anyway, but what he didn't know, not like Crowley didn't hint it enough during this 6000 years, is that the demon he loved, the one he thought so much about, had been in love with him since almost the start.
"What do you mean with 'at first'? Weren't you able to feel love before?"
"Oh yes I was, I just hadn't met the right angel yet." Crowley hinted, once again, in hopes the angel would finally get that that angel he said he loved was him, but he was just too innocent or too nervous to figure it out for himself. "What I'm trying to say is, I've been in love with you longer than 50 years, hell, for more than a thousand"
"And you said nothing?" Aziraphale tried to make a comeback to the demon's previous comment, and this, more than a love confession, was starting to look more like an argument, but what could we expect from two supernatural beings who never had to share feelings?
"Oh angel, angel..." Crowley looked at Aziraphale straight in the eyes for once "Believe me, I didn't exactly say nothing, all over history, I've been leaving you hints, but looks like you didn't get them at all"
There was a moment of silence on the bookshop, if Aziraphale had neighbours they sure would have enjoyed that moment.
"I can't believe how innocent you are angel" Crowley said to break the silence.