All Fall Down

Aziraphale pressed his soft lips towards Crowley's, that's all the demon had wanted for a long time, that eased the pain the dream had brought. They didn't last long on the couch, which wasn't big enough for both of them, so when Crowley finally decided to let go Aziraphale, he fell off, followed by the demon who had decided it would be fun to lay down all his weight on top of the angel, playing like if they were little children and on the floor, their kiss continued. There was something different about this one, Aziraphale could tell. It was lust, it was sadness, it was love and it was hope, but also fear, Crowley was scared, like he had never been, he felt the need to ask, but he decided to wait till the moment ended.
"What is it that terrifies you dear?" Aziraphale asked, and Crowley's expresion turned to a more serious one. He sat on the floor, his legs crossed amd Aziraphale did the same. "Was it the dream?"
Crowley didn't say a word for a while, he was looking at Aziraphale's eyes as if he had got lost on them. "You died Aziraphale, the angels, and the demons, they killed you, I- I couldn't save you, in fact you were trying to save me I- I don't wanna loose you, come with me, to Alpha Centauri, I told you there we would be safe, we can still go there, we can be safe"
"We've already talked about this Crowley, it's ridiculous, we can't run away forever"
"You don't get it, you haven't seen yourself burn to death, you haven't lost your best friend, even if it was a dream, I lost you, I felt hopeless" The demon was about to collapse. The angel pulled out his wings to cover Crowley, it was something that he hadn't thought much, but somehow it felt right for the moment. Crowley took a glance at Aziraphale's wings.
"Can I tell you something Aziraphale?"
"Sure, go on"
"I was an angel once you know?" Quite nostalgic, Crowley began telling his story, like if he had forgotten about running away, just to be immediately interrupted by Aziraphale.
"I do know that, you've told me several times, and demons don't come from nothing"
"That's not the point, angel. As I told you, before I fell, I created stars, beautiful, beautiful constellations, up there, I used to see the world with other eyes, quite literally" he pointed at his snake eyes, shiny as ever "I spent my days creating, but I also had some spare time, which I used to look at the world, being created by God, I saw other angels, I talked to them, not much, but enough to know their names. There was one in particular, who caught my attention, he was creating a faction of angels who questioned God's plans for this planet, they didn't know much, almost nothing actually, but they had some great points, so I joined them part-time."
"That was Satan I suppose"
"He was. While I was not creating, I was with them, but I was different, I was just curious about their doings, I didn't interfere, and one day they were all gone, none of them remained, they had fallen, from day to night, but I was still there, I received a different treatment. One day, up on the stars I noticed I felt different, my power felt different, and the others looked at me different, so I checked my entire body, perhaps it had to do eith my hair, but my long ginger hair was intact unlike my wings, that had a few grey feathers on them."
"So that's how you fell? A few grey feathers and then eternal damnation?"
"I thought so, but I also thought that when the others fell, they were kicked out of heaven, burned in the fall, pitch black wings for eternity, turns out it was more of a process. It had just started for me apparently, but it got worse when I asked the other angels, it started burning, my wings got darker, they didn't like questions, they never did. Last thing I remember about those days was asking what happened to Satan and company, all I got were worthless answers, so I asked about myself, my eyes, my sight changed, I remember that, and suddenly it was all fire around me, I couldn't take it, and just like a flash it was over, I found myself down, on the floor, opened my eyes and there they were, all the angels missing from heaven were now demons. Apparently I took several days to fall, they took hours, but something that I know, is that it wasn't God who made me fall, it was the other angels, I fell, because they didn't like someone who was different, who tried to have a bit of free will, asked a few questions here and there, and there I was, on Hell itself, damned, for eternity."
"Why are you telling me all this now? Are you trying to convince me to run away with you?"
"Tell me something my dear angel, how much have you pissed off the other angels?" Crowley look full of pity, for an unknown reason to Aziraphale.
"Quite much I think, according to your dream they even kill me, they must feel I'm some sort of traitor or something, why?" Crowley reached a hand up to Aziraphale's wings and stole him a feather "Ouch! Why would you do that?" Said the angel even more confused as Crowley looked at the stolen feather.
"Look at it Aziraphale" the feather was a light shade of grey. "Look at your wings" Crowley had changed his tone to a more soft one "I'm so sorry angel"
Aziraphale looked at his wings and the feather, there were a few of those all over them, he was falling. "I- I don't- why-?"
"It's me Aziraphale, I'm making you fall, I should leave, you don't want to get this any further, believe me." Crowley really felt guilty, he felt he should leave but at the same time like if he should stay, help the angel, he didn't know what to do, this wasn't God, at least with Her you could reason sometimes by praying, this was the angels again, maybe his dream was a metaphor for this, the end of Aziraphale as he knew him.
Aziraphale hid his wings, he felt both embarrassed and guilty, he had disobeyed, he felt he kind of deserved this in the end, he had gone against the rest of angels, he was an outcast. "Don't leave Crowley" he run to the door to catch Crowley, who was leaving "I don't care, this, I had it coming, but it's okay, I'll get through it."