... And We Are Sinking

'... will you sink with me?'
"Is this... Aziraphale?" Crowley called.
"Over here" Aziraphale's voice sounded from the back of the shop. Crowley searched for the angel, he was nervous and he had deffinetly not seen this coming. "I knew you'd come back" he had a smile on his face, like if nothing was wrong, maybe he really didn't care at all about falling. "Don't look at me like that dear, I'm not a fortune teller or anything similar, you left the Bentley at the door." He had set up a table, two candles lit up in the center of it, two glasses of wine and some really good looking sushi, he loved sushi.
"Is this...?" Crowley, now laying all his weight on the wall, pointed at the paper he had just picked up "Are you...?"
Aziraphale got up from the table moving it a bit, but he put it back were it was, good manners were always his thing. "Asking you out? Yes I am" he looked proud of himself. The angel got closer to the demon, waiting an answer.
Crowley knew perfectly well he would say yes, he would say yes to anything Aziraphale asked him to do in fact, but he just didn't expect this now.
"May I ask why?" Crowley wasn't stupid, but sometimes it looked like it.
"Are you seriously asking? Because I like you, no, I love you, and because it felt right... Is that enough of an answer?"
Crowley, still on the wall, took his glasses off, like questioning the angel, threw them to the floor and walked towards Aziraphale, placed his hands over his cheeks and kissed him. A long, long kiss, passionate as ever.
"Does that answer all your questions or do you need more?" Crowley couldn't taste not even a bit of fear on the angel, he was way too brave.
"My questions are answered, but I may have some more" Aziraphale showed his lust, and that was something quite new on him, side effects of not being so much of an angel as before. He kissed the demon.
It was getting late for dinner, even for an angel and a demon, but they didn't actually care, what mattered now were the two of them, finally together, not as best friends only, but also as a couple, all that they could care about was the fact that they loved each other.
"I love you" Aziraphale stopped the kiss "but it's getting a bit late for dinner, and we need to talk about a few things, don't you think?"
"You can be my first dish if you wanna?"
"I'd rather be the dessert so you can enjoy me more" He kissed Crowley and moved to the table.
Sushi, delicious sushi, tasted like Heaven, but a nice Heaven, not the one they had now, and it also tasted like a bit of lust, mixed with love and happiness. It was handmade, Aziraphale had actually made sushi for both of them, he cared that much.

"Anyway," Crowley spoke with his mouth full of sushi, good manners were not present on the demon after all. "I think we should talk about your little... thing"
"What about it? It's happening and it's okay with me, I do not fear it, and I might had it coming." Aziraphale said, but he actually didn't want to talk about it, it was something he'd rather forget.
"But... It might change you"
"I'd rather be a demon by your side than an angel by anyone else's side, I don't care and I think changed me wouldn't care either" He was actually trying not to speak much about it, but what it came out of his mouth was the truth.
"Can't fight against that logic, angel" Crowley had noticed that Aziraphale didn't actually want to talk about it, he'd rather leave it like it was.
Once the sushi was finished, Aziraphale miracled a bottle of the finest champagne on the Earth and served it.
Once the bottle was finished, then there came the liquors, many bottles, they were really drunk.
"Can I get my dessert now?" Said a drunk Crowley.
"After the drinks? I think not" said an also very much drunk Aziraphale, who wanted the demon to beg for him, sober Aziraphale would have never done that.
"Oh, you see angel" said Crowley as he climbed to the part of the couch were Aziraphale was laying "I think I'm gonna be naughty and steal it" Now Crowley was on top of Aziraphale.
"Then you are going to need to be punished, for stealing, and being drunk as you are" Whatever had got into the angel, Crowley liked it, he liked the new scent of lust he had, and the fact that he stopped being so correct even when drunk, that was a new Aziraphale we wouldn't mind having for eternity.
"Then I might just sober up, so I fully enjoy my crimes" and so he did "Guess drunk me goes wild sometimes" said as he didn't even attempt to get off Aziraphale "but so does sober me" and he kissed him.
No matter how drunk Aziraphale was, still not a bit of fear, that angel was strong.
"Sober up love, I want you to remember me" Crowley said jokingly, but he actually wanted to ask a question only sober Aziraphale could answer, he could get him this drunk again later.
"Fine but" the angel tripped on his words "I... I love you"
Crowley looked at him like he was a little child, he was still on top of him, he raised a hand to the top of Aziraphale's head to pet him.
The angel was finally sober "My jacket, you are going to ruin it" said laughing.
"As if you cared that much, angel" Crowley got up and sat back at his place on the couch. "Can I ask you something that's been through my head for a while?"
"Go ahead, dear" Aziraphale straightened his jacket.
"Why exactly would I sink with you? Was it a metaphor?"
"It was, kind of. You know, everything that's happening, and it's all that I could think of."
"If you think about it, it doesn't need to be a metaphor, our love might keep us happy, but it can also sink us, did you see it as that?"
"I'd like to think of this as something more..."
"Oh here it goes"
"Ineffable"

_______________________________________
SURPRISE!
I've been without internet enough time to power up my imagination, so I've made a playlist with all the songs that have inspired me to write this so far. I will add more when I can but for now hope this works for you to understand better the chapters.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7gfbid6bTJCT6ApOmsWMMm?si=dKAgADz7TIKOnT3FN40h7g

Hope you are enjoying this so far.
Goodbye.