Chapter 1- The First Sight

It was late at night and Rapunzel was just getting into her thick, hard bed, 'I will never get out of here', Rapunzel thought. The stone walls of the orphange seemed to repeat the same message. Being the oldest girl there was very hard on Rapunzel. At the age 18 nobody would ever want her. Of course she was getting old enough so that she could live on her own.

As Rapunzel laid in bed thinking about these things, a cold breeze blew open a window close to her bed, "Oh dear" sighed Rapunzel, "Why didn't Linda bolt the windows?" she said looking sympathetically at one of the little girls sleeping peacefully. She jumped out of bed and looked out of the window for a second to see that it had started to snow. Frost was also creeping along the window frame as she closed and bolted it. Rapunzel climbed back into bed. She started to think about her wavering future and hot tears came into her eyes.

---Jack's POV---

"WHERE DO THESE DIRECTIONS GO!!" I shouted. I kept flying back and forth past this big, black building. North had given me a map that was given to HIM by the Man in the Moon. The map led to a sneak-peek at who Manny (The Man in the Moon) said was going to be the "new guardian". 

I was getting so mad, I screamed and sent angry snow spirals everywhere. I didn't think that the map could have been leading me to the ugly building in front of me. In the middle of my tantrum, I heard a rattling window coming from the dark building. I shrugged it off at first but, curiosity got the best of me at I flew to check it out. 

When I went to check around the building, I saw a beautiful girl with big, bright, grass green eyes and long golden hair. She looked upset and disturbed and I felt sorry for her. She was dressed in a purple, uncomfortable looking, nightgown. I crept down for a closer glance at the gorgeous blonde. As I leaned against the window, I touched my staff to the frame and created a little frost along the side, hoping that this might cheer her up a little. The blondie bolted the window without notice and I saw her get back into bed, 'Could she be it?' I wondered. I nicknamed the girl "Blondie" for her long blonde hair that trailed a foot behind her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Rapunzel got up and went to the bathroom to see dried tear stains on her cheeks, 'I must have cried myself to sleep', she thought. She looked out the small window to see the world was covered in powdery snow and gave a small grin. Rapunzel liked the snow and usually joined the joyful children outside, but today, she felt like the whole world was crashing down upon her. Instead of running outside, she ran downstairs to help the Headmistress clean up for breakfast.