Why Men Great 'Til They Gotta Be Great

I must have dozed off during our ride back to the resort because I was jerked awake by being lifted from off the ATV. A smart cookie, like myself, knew that keeping their eyes closed was an oldie, but a goodie trick to get a free ride. So I kept them closed and let Jason carry me to the front door of the cabin.

He must have had a master key to my cabin because I heard him fool around with a ring of keys. He effortlessly unlocked and open my door, and carried me up the stairs and to my bedroom. Now, should I be creeped out that he knows his way around my home?

Of course not Stella. The man works on all these cabins. He should know where everything is.

I felt like a black Sleeping Beauty until I was dropped unexpectedly on to the bed. That caused a pang on the side of my busted head.

"Oww shit!" I muttered as I instinctively cradled my head. Jason huffed impatiently yet shook his head while he knelt down to the ground.

"Sorry," He gruffed as he started to take off my shoes.

What in the shit is going on-

"It's fine I can handle it," I said cautiously as I reached down to relieve him of his duties, but he just swatted me away. I cocked my head sideways as my mouth dropped down in confusion.

Why was Jason being like this? He didn't want to be around me or even touch me with a 10 ft. pole about a good three hours ago. And now he wants to act all Mother Doodle Bird on me like I'm a wounded chick that fell out the nest.

Okay, I really need to stop being so descriptive with my analogies.

Once Jason finished taking off my shoes, he rechecked all my bandages and made his way to the bathroom. he started my shower, laid out some towels for me, and told me how to reapply my new bandages once I got out the shower.

During all of this I was periodically pinching my wrist, and closing my eyes really hard to shake me awake from this awkward dream. I even started to bite the inside of my cheek to see if there was any way to get me out of this Twilight Zone mess.

"What's wrong with you."

I froze with my eyes still closed, and my cheek still being bitten. Dammit, I got caught.

"N-nothing. Thank you for taking care of me thus far, but I can handle myself. I'm a grown woman you forgot?" I replied. Jason blew a quiet raspberry, but I could tell he was restraining himself from saying something slick right back. I appreciated the effort, nonetheless. If all it took was for me to be in mortal danger for him to be nice, then maybe I needed to do this more often.

LOL. Just kidding.

Jason nodded for his farewell and left my room. I knew he was completely gone when I heard the door slam shut from upstairs.

"Hallelujah, thank you, Jesus!" I exhaled exasperatedly. Keeping myself bottled up and calm around Jason was hard. It's like I wanted to push him more to get more answers out of him, but I was fighting against my controlling urges.

A Lawson woman was very upfront, direct, and demanding. Every man was intimidated by us, but something was telling me that Jason was not the one who would take kindly to a woman like myself. He was the controlling one and there was no pushing or pulling of him to do anything he didn't want to do.

I've literally just met my maker.

Look at me; being tossed around like a baby doll, and being tended to like a puppy. I would have never let this happen back at home with any man. But, I couldn't muster up the voice to tell Jason to back the fuck up. I guess I wasn't in the position to be making demands, but this dilemma was a concern to me.