Have Fun and Don't Die

My eyes couldn't de-glue from the newspaper, as I read it over, and over, and over again.

The fire. This was what Matthew wanted to talk about.

"STELLA YOU STILL IN HERE," I heard Matthew's voice boom on the other side of the door. I was in here longer than I expected.

"Coming! Sorry, Matthew!" I jumped out of my frozen state and skidded around the small compartment that was the bathroom. Every corner I met was a dead-in, and I was trapped. I didn't want to be caught red-handed, but my panicked voice gave me away.

"Oh, no need to be sorry! I just needed some rubbing alcohol from below the counter, I think I may have burned myself-"

You and Jason both.

"Oh I'll grab it on my way out, I promise! Just meet me outside!" I became frustrated with myself. I hoisted up my dress and tucked the folded newspaper to the side of my panties. I wanted to look more into the fire and this paper was my first clue.

"Alrighty. Make sure you bring a bandaid or two while you're at it," Matthew said before I heard his retreating footsteps. I let out a shaky breath that I was holding and hastily washed my hands. Being able to unravel the mess of Jason Momoa was exhilarating yet frightening. I could only imagine what he'd do if he found out I was one step closer to figuring him out.

Maybe place me over his knee and give me a good spanking.

That wouldn't seem too bad now that I think about it.

Before leaving the bathroom, I silently prayed that I wouldn't get caught with this newspaper around the top liner of my underwear. I made sure to grab what Matthew needed and also put some ice in a dish towel.

Once I made it back outside, I spotted Matthew sitting and coddling his injured hand while Jason manned the pit. He was now cutting away at the pig and skillfully skinning the unimportant parts. I looked closely at the discolored spots on the back of his shoulders and down the back of his arms. I could only assume that he acquired them from the fire he started four years ago.

I didn't want my newfound information to get leaked by the emotions that ran wild on my face. I had to control myself and act like nothing was wrong. So I closed my eyes real tight before opening them to squeeze out the jitters.

"Come on Matthew, let's get this hand together so we can get us somethin' to eat," I said as I knelt down and went to work, nursing Matthew's burn.

Something told me to look sideways, so I did. I met Jason's lurking eyes on me, as I carefully iced Matthew's burn. Our eyes met for a second until Matthew broke the stare down by hissing at the slight pain the ice brought.

I turned my attention fully on Matthew, yet I could still feel Jason's eye bore on the side of my face.

He could try to figure me out all he wanted because before he could get the chance, I will have already cracked his case wide open.

~

Two Hours Later

"Oh, Stella. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part," Matthew pleaded as his gauzed hand held mine lovingly. I giggled at him and petted his injured hand gently.

"I will count the hours until I get to see you again, as well. It won't be long dear Matthew. Just make sure you rest your hand and re-apply that cream I found before you go to bed."

"Oh, I find it hard to believe you're a lawyer! You could become my new physician if you keep this up! Goodnight, ipo. Make sure you grab your leftovers before you head back to your cabin. Jason will walk you back there-"