Gettin' to the Business

This is awkward. Matthew was shedding weary tears, while I still sat my fat ass on the counter for about 2 more minutes. I'm not really good at consoling criers. I'm the hesitant pat on the back kind of girl with a touch of "There, there."

And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

"There, there. It's okay Matthew. I'm sure it's not as big of your fault as you think."

"Stella, sending Jason to the Coast Guards was the only way I could get him out of there. It was getting worse by the minute the longer he stayed in their clutch. He was young and impressionable. Following his cousin Eddie in shaking down those businesses at such young ages, them two."

"What made him want to go through with what they were doing if it was illegal?" Matthew gave a heavy sigh and smacked his lips.

"Stella it was just a stupid idea of mine, believe it or not. I don't know, I thought that by having Jason around them, it would maybe make them see him worthy of being a part of the business; by golly he was the sole beneficiary at the time! But Rho found out what Jason was specifically doing, and she finally had had enough. Boom, relinquishes her inheritance and cuts all contact with them. It was a point of weakness for me, putting Jason in that situation. It was hard to get him out because once you're in that kind of thing, you're always called upon. That's why he had to be sent away," he started to walk to the back of the bungalow to the kitchen. I followed in pursuit and sat at the kitchen table.

Everything started to click from Matthew and I's first conversation we had a week ago about the "compromising position" that he and Jason were placed in, in order to stay in the Momoas good graces.

"So, what was your part in all of this? Jason seems more worried about you being in this mess, than his own involvement. His exact words were "you're going to get me, and my pop killed"" I mocked in a deep voice, trying to impersonate Jason's hulk-like appearance. Matthew cracked a tiny smile at my humor, but the worry lines were still on his forehead.

"I may have taken a part in transporting the dirty money here and there. At the time I didn't know what they were demanding me to haul every which way. I never really questioned it. It helped get a bit of extra cash into the resort without Rho worrying about spending so much of her own money. But how they treated us during that time was horrible. I always felt dirty, especially when it came to groveling to the likes of those people. Makes me sick," Matthew finally looked me in the eyes.

"If I can reverse back time, take all of this back, I would, Stella. I had poor judgement, trying to please and do the bidding of the devil. Dragging my own boy down into that mess at a young age did nothing for him, but made him rugged, and come back with an older woman who didn't really love him. And all we could do was watch it happen," Matthew finished.

"Wait-older woman. You're saying he met Lili while he was in the gang?" I stood up. Matthew shrugged his shoulders.

"That's my guess. I never seen the woman before around the island, and she just pops up out of nowhere, saying she's my boy's wife. It was quite the soap opera," Matthew chuckled lightly, "and it's Lilakoi, Stella"

"Lili is just fine," I sang back.

"You're such a card, Stella!" He laughed out loud.

"Well wait until I become the 'hole deck, nah. I'm just getting started," I start to open up my computer so that I could take notes on my computer. I made a quick reminder to send an email to Mrs. Rodriguez to find some information on Miss Lili. If I had to start somewhere with clearing this new pile of shitty mess, I had to use the first lead Matthew just gave me.

Lili pops up out of nowhere while Jason is involved with the Momoas. Separates from Jason when he comes home hurt and injured. She refuses to sign divorce papers from Jason. Then on top of all that, Jason finds Freaky Lili in bed with his cousin?!