13.

Notch turned to them all, laughing. "Another one bites the dust." He said, a giant grin on his face.

Bodil looked down, fiddling with his fingers, hearing the saddened and frustrated sighs of those around him.

~

The dinner table was silent. Notch had disappeared again, Mitch and Jerome shoved food in their faces by the handful, and Bash kept staring blankly at the seat next to him.

"How much are you two going to eat?" Dan asked in amazement, breaking the long-lasting silence.

"As much as we want." Jerome said with his mouth full, shoving yet another raw fish into it.

"You two are crazy." Stampy said, but he devoured his entire cake in a few seconds flat.

"Yeah, says the cat who just swallowed a birthday cake in one bite." Ty said, taking a bite out of his apple.

"I'm r-really scared g-guys..." Bash stuttered, shivering a bit, eyes glued to Jason's seat, turning all eyes to him.

"We all are, Bash." Adam said, patting him on the back gently. "Anyone who's not is out of their mind."

"I w-wonder who's gonna go next.." Jordan mumbled, staring blankly at his plate. "Jordan! Why would you think that way??!" Ty asked disgracefully, and Jordan stood up.

"I'm facing the fact that we're all gonna die here! Only one of us gets out of this God damn hellhole alive, and I already know it's not gonna be me! Somebody may as well kill me now!" He shouted, curling his hand into a fist.

~

Bodil crawled into his bed. Jordan was right. Who's gonna go next?

Just then, Bodil heard a knock at his door. "C-come in.." He said nervously, grabbing the pair of scissors by his bed and holding them out in defense.

"Hey, Bodil." Adam said, walking in and silently closing the door behind him.

"W-what do you want?" Bodil snapped, pointing the scissors up at Adam. Who wouldn't be suspicious of someone coming into their room at midnight?

"Woah woah! I'm not gonna hurt you! I'm unarmed!" Adam said, throwing his arms up, as if surrendering.

He lowered his scissors a bit, but kept a firm grip on them. Adam's strong. He could kill someone quickly. Very quickly.

"What do you want?" Bodil repeated, eyes still narrow in suspicion. "Somebody to talk to. I need more information. I'm so damn confused." Adam sighed, taking Bodil by slight surprise.

Bodil scooted over on the bed, and Adam sat gently beside him. "I've heard rumors that the next time someone is killed, the gate to a third floor will open."

Bodil's eyes widened, and he snapped his attention to Adam. "What? A third floor?!"

"Yes," Adam said, biting his lip, "but no one knows what's up there. Seto's the only one who saw the gate for himself."

Bodil sighed, looking at the scissors in his hands. "I just want this game to end..." He muttered, and Adam nodded.

"We all do. No one here deserves to lose their lives..." He said, running his hand through his messy, brown hair. "Well, I'd best get going." He said, patting Bodil's shoulder before getting on his feet, nodding at Bodil.

"Goodnight.." Bodil muttered, as the light switch was flicked and he heard the door open and close. He sighed, putting the scissors back in the drawer and laying down, pulling the covers over his shoulder. That was an extremely short conversation...

Neither he nor Adam got any sleep that night.