19™

The thump of Jeonghans heartbeat is so loud he can barely hear anything else. So loud he feels as if all the students surrounding him can hear it as well. So loud that he wants nothing more then to reach inside his own chest and throw the organ out a window.

He's hyper aware of all the students at their desks, leaning across the cold surfaces to talk to a friend a few seats over. They aren't talking about him. He knows that. But the hushed whispers and silenced giggles didn't hesitate to make his mind race with the possibility.

The clock was making no noise but he could still hear the vexatious ticking assaulting his ears. His palms had a tormenting itch set upon them that just wouldn't let up no matter how hard he scratched.

"Mister Yoon?"

Jeonghans soul nearly left his body at hearing his teachers voice. He visibly jumped and clutched at his chest, his heart rate certainly not at a normal pace. Students around him snickered at his obvious start and it made Jeonghan sink down into his chair.

His teacher was obviously expecting an answer, and Jeonghan was not at all ready to give one. He sat there staring at his hands as they fidgeted, the class obviously staring him down.

Stop looking at me.

Stop looking at me.

Stop looking at me.

There was a loud screech that resonated trough the room as Jeonghan shoved his chair back and stood up. A few students gasped and looked at their teacher as if expecting them to do something.

Even if anyone did say anything Jeonghan didn't hear it. He ran out the door and down the schools hallways, fully intending on going home.

Tears began to blur his vision but he really didn't want to cry. He had no idea at that point where he was going but before he could slow down to think about it he ended up colliding with another person.

"Woah there dude, you should watch where you're going."

Jeonghan stilled completely before breaking down sobbing. His legs couldn't seem to hold his weight anymore, so he ending up a mess on the floor.

The student he ran into only stood there, having no clue what to do about the crying boy at his feet.

"Umm... Are you- Are you ok?" The voice was recognizingly male, and he sounded very concerned.

"Did I like, hurt you or something?" When Jeonghan didn't answer and only continued crying the other boy fell to Jeonghans level and placed his hand on Jeonghans shoulder.

"Seriously dude help me out here I don't know what to do.."

Jeonghan was finally able to stop crying, though the sniffle wouldn't go away for a while, and looked up at the other.

The realization that he had just ran into someone hit him like a truck and he began apologizing profusely.

"Hey no no no, it's ok. I should've been paying attention too."

Jeonghan went silent and just sat there after that. He just didn't have the energy to get up or to say anything to the confused student in front of him.

"Are your legs like broken or something?" The boy joked, his smile wide in his efforts to try and lighten the mood.

Jeonghan only stared at him blankly.

"Wrong crowd I guess." The other boy got to his feet and offered a hand to Jeonghan. The sweater clad boy reluctantly took the offer and got to his feet as well.

"I don't think I've really ever seen you before. Does silent boy have a name?"

Jokes were not this boys strong suit.

"Jeonghan." He simply answered, happy that there was no stutter attached to it.

The other boy smiled, his brown hair falling in front of one eye.

"My names Hansol." The brunette answered, holding his hand out for the other boy to shake.

Jeonghan started at it like it was a bug.

"Ok then. You don't seem to be in a very social mood."

Jeonghan shrugged, "Bad mood."

Hansol quirked an eyebrow, "I won't ask. But like, where were you headed in such a hurry?"

Jeonghan frowned slightly, "Home."

Hansol smirked.

"Really? You don't seem like the type to skip."

Jeonghan stared straight into his eyes, not meaning to be creepy, but sill coming off that way.

"I'm not."

Jeonghan could tell this Hansol guy was just trying to be friendly, but at the moment Jeonghan didn't want to let anybody new into his life. He didn't trust anybody but Seungcheol at the moment.

"I can tell you aren't up for a conversation, so I guess I'll just let you go. But hey, I hope I see you around." Hansol smiled a genuine smile before heading off in a different direction, leaving Jeonghan behind.

Jeonghan continued forward out the school doors, needing to escape the cold halls.

____

This update was long overdue and I feel extra bad because it's shorter than normal. I'm trying my best over here.

But lmao enjoy.