The Bastard Son

"The Mass is ended, go in peace and announce the Gospel of the Lord"

"Thanks be to God"

After the dismissal rite has been spoken, people starts leaving the vicinity of the church. A woman in her late thirties is still on her knees, holding a cross as she sings songs of praises. Her eyes were closed as the words left her mouth, obviously feeling emotional and passionate about the worship.

You see, this woman has a heart swallowed by grief and misery; for she was a frustrated Nun.

After years of dedicating her life to serve God and follow his every words, just when she was too close on reaching her dreams; she was violated. She was horribly obliterated from all her innocence and chastity that she became unworthy to recieve the Lord. And what did she get in return? Well its the young man kneeling besides her.

This young man is called Gun and he was not supposed to be here. His existance was a mistake and to this woman, his birth is the highest form of blasphemy. He is, in every sense of the word, immoral. He is the manifestation of everything in this world that is evil. Thus, he must be purified. Him being born is his biggest sin and in order to cleanse it, sacrifices should be made. Although he has no idea as to why he has to go through it all as his mother never told him anything, he dares not to question her because he believes that she is doing everything just so his son would be forgiven.

Even though this woman suffered a lot, she was still blessed to experience the greatest thing in this world; and that is 'to love and be loved'.

When her conscience forced her to keep the child, she let go of her dreams with a heavy heart. But just months after she gave birth, she met a man who promised her forever. Together, they started a family and two years after, she gave life to what she considered as her most precious gift, and that is her second son, Kris.

Kris is a juxtapose to his filthy brother for he was conceived out of affection rather than violence. He was cherished deeply that in his mother's eyes, he can do no wrong. He was a heaven-sent angel that makes her life worth living and she found purpose again. That is to serve this bundle of joy and to make sure nothing evil could taint him. Not even his brother if it comes to that point.

Little did she know that everything she came to believe is wrong. Her first born dubbed as a blasphemy is actually a pure soul. Gun is the nicest person you could ever meet. He is a person full of love, kindness, patience, understanding and has a caring nature. He never did bad things. Never drink, never smoke, never spoke evil to others, never curse, and never put himself first. But maybe that's the way he should be. He was conceived from a sin so he should not be allowed to add more. He was designed to suffer and repent in every breath he takes. And he is actually commendable because he's doing great staying inside the line of purifying himself from the sins he was born with.

On the other hand, his brother divine is actually the sinner. Kris is manipulative, self-centered, and greedy young man that will use anyone to his advantage. His own well being is his only concern, although sometime he cares about his older brother. But that's a rare occurrence though.

One more thing, Kris doesn't really go to church, just like today. While his mother and older brother never skip their Sunday service, Kris rarely does. He opts to hang out at his friend's house playing video games or they would go out chasing girls and getting drunk. And today is not an exception.

He woke up past 11 a.m and by that time Gun and their mother are already home. He went down to eat breakfast and headed out to his friend Mark.

His freind Mark is a wealthy young boy. Just like him, he is also downright greedy and malevolent. Cruelty is like his second nature. He wont let anybody step on him or even give them a chance to look down on him. He believes that he is above everyone. Well, he has good looks, intelligence, and a pocket full of cash. A killer combo that is guaranteed to give him an easy life and everything he wants at the tip of his fingers.