Forsaken

Gun's heartbeat increased every second they got closer to the 'chamber', as what he calls it. Basically its just a small room under the stairs where her mom used to lock him whenever she is mad at him.

Upon entering, her mom gently closed the door behind her. "Why are you fighting with your brother?" she asked as she sat on the small bed that occupied most of the space inside the room. She motioned for him to sit beside her which he followed immediately.

"I think you should ask him mom. I can't tell you" Gun answered nervously. This room made him remember his past and he's afraid her mom is gonna lock him again.

"Are you saying that the fight was your brother's fault?" Her voice laced with doubt.

"I..its not that...." Gun has not yet finished explaining when her mom cut off his words.

"This is what I'm afraid of" she was looking at him with eyes full of horror.

"What do you mean?" Gun's eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"You, tainting your brother. You should leave" she was starting to get frantic.

"Mom I don't understand". More than being confused, Gun was starting to get scared.

"You're the one who brought sin in this family. You should think about it" her mom stood up hurriedly.

"I don't understand. Why me? I didn't do anything" Gun hugged her mother desperately.

"You need to reflect and think not only for your self" she removed his hands that was desperately clinging onto her and hurriedly went outside.

"No mom. I don't understand. I'm scared. Please." Gun ran up to her but she quickly closed the door, locking it. He was left standing there, at the verge of crying. He has no idea about what her mother was saying and it made him scared.

He kept turning the knob and calling her to let him out but she never came back. With no avail, he eventually gave up and went to sit back on the bed. His teary eyes scanned the small room. It was filled with his old notes back from where his mother used to force him into writing letter of repentance whenever he made mistakes, and that's always right after she beat him using his father's belt. It was a painful memory but he was still thankful because that kept him from making any more mistakes as he grow up.

Gun lied on the bed, he was tired both physically and mentally. His head started pounding as soon as he think about the things that happened earlier. Mark and Kris beating up Plan, the weird man in front of their house and her mom telling him to leave. But with all the things that occupied his head, he was most worried at the possibility of his brother doing illegal things. It was all gut-feelings but based from what he has seen so far, Kris and Mark were harassing people because of their debt, which can either be extortion or illegal money lending. Which means Kris and Mark might be loan sharks. It explains Mark's luxury car and Kris' expensive gaming pc. It makes sense.

Gun shook his head, he shouldn't be thinking that way about his brother. Maybe he has reasons for it and that it was all just misunderstandings. He thought he should talk to him tomorrow and clear things up. As of now, Gun was slowly drifting off to sleep in the small uncomfortable bed, inside the poorly ventilated room full of dusts and possibly rats.

When Gun woke up, the door was ajar which means her mom was allowing him to go out. He was coughing so hard as he struggled to stand up from the bed. Maybe the chamber was too cold for him and he didn't even have blankets.

Gun went to class with a throbbing headache. It only got worsened when he walked to the College of Liberal Arts under the heat of the sun during his vacant period. He knows where his brother's room is because he had asked his schedule from one of his teammates who happened to be Kris' classmate.