XIV. Moonlight

Kris was hanging out with a girl in a coffee shop, basically flirting with each other. Suddenly, the door creeks open and he saw a familiar person coming in.

"Wait for me babe," he said before winking at the girl and walking over to the person who was now at the counter. The girl was unimpressed but nodded her head nevertheless.

"Hey P'Saint," he greeted the older boy.

"N'Kris hey. How are you?" Saint asked smiling at him.

"I'm good," he replied. "How about you?"

"I'm fine."

Kris nodded at his answer before asking him again. "P'Saint do you know where Mark is? I cant contact him."

"Oh, he was with Gun earlier. I think he will drive him to their boot camp." Saint answered before gesturing for them to sit and talk somewhere else because they're blocking the counter.

"Are they like fu......together? I mean.... are they a couple now?" Kris asked after sitting down opposite to Saint. He actually wanted to ask if they were fucking but he figured out Saint was too pure for that.

"I don't know," Saint shrugged before laughing. "But I'm sure Mark is whipped for your brother." Honestly, he still cant believe they're brothers. If Gun haven't mentioned it earlier, he wouldn't have guessed it even in a million years.

Kris sighed. "I know. I even realized it first before that dumbass"

Saint just laughed at his answer.

"Anyways, I'm going ahead P'Saint. Someone's waiting for me." Kris said. He was about to stand up when the older boy stopped him.

"Wait N'Kris. I just want to ask you something."

The younger boy decided to remain sitting. "Yeah. What is it?"

"Is there something wrong in your house?" Saint asked in a concerned tone.

"What do you mean?" Of course Kris knew what he meant, he just doesn't want to explain.

"I mean, is Gun being...." Saint tried to find the right word, another term for 'abuse' because he doesnt want to come off as rude and accusing. "I heard them talk...., talk about how he cant go home...., and him being hurt. Is everything okay?"

"We don't live in the same house. It doesn't concern me" Kris replied matter of factly. "I really need to go P'Saint." Kris said as he stood up, turning away.

"You're brother is covered in black and blue." Saint spoke, his voice was much louder this time and it made Kris stop on his track. He still did not face him but Saint took it as a sign to continue. "I just thought you would be concerned, somehow."

"I cant do anything about it." Kris said before he turned to face the older boy. His eyes mirrored that of someone who was guilty and yet he sounded like he was devoid of any human emotions. "It was his decision to live with his father, its not like we forced him. He did that to himself." Kris snapped before walking away.

Saint was taken aback with the words that came out with the younger boy's mouth. "I..I'm going to visit Perth. You can come with me if you want," he still managed to reply once more before the younger boy completely disappeared from his sight.

Saint came into a sudden realization that Kris was like his brother, Mark, and that made his heart hurt for Gun even more. He knew how it felt to be despised by your own brother and someone as nice and sweet as Gun doesn't deserve that.

***

Type's jaw dropped looking at all the things that scattered inside their room. "So you mean to tell me he bought all of this?"