XVII. Indecisive

There was still an awkward atmosphere between Kris and Mark as they sat in their theory class together. It was mainly Kris who was still embarrassed at his sudden confession the day before. But who was Mark to judge though, he even tried to advance his relationship with Kris at some point.

"Hey, how was P'Gun?" Mark was the one to talk first sensing how Kris was still worked up about the other night.

"Fine, probably." His answer was short and it sounded like he was not interested.

Mark decided to keep quite and just focus on the lesson but it was quickly interrupted by Kris' phone vibrating in his pocket. "Hey someone's calling you."

"I know. I can feel it." Kris said annoyed as he took out his phone and looked at the caller's ID. Mark's owl-like-eyes peeping at his screen.

A wide smile instantly appeared on his face as he recognized the caller. Of course its his P'Gun. Only his angel can bring such joy into his dull and lonely life. Its an exaggeration because honestly, Mark was just so whipped beyond help. "Answer it . Answer it." He mouthed.

Kris sighed before answering it. Making sure to dock down so the professor couldn't see him. "Yes Phi?"

Mark docked down as well, trying to stick his ears at their conversation.

"What? Ok I'm coming." Kris ended the call before hurriedly walking out of the class ignoring his professor who has long stopped caring about the two of them.

Mark was confused by Kris' action but still followed him out. "What happened?" He asked, clearly not able to comprehend the phone call.

"Mom's at the hospital," Kris briefly answered.

"Why?" Mark asked as he picked up his pace, trying to keep up with Kris.

"I don't know. Lets just hurry."

The two rushed to the hospital and when they arrived at the waiting area outside of the emergency room, Kris immediately went to ask his brother what happened.

Gun was about to answer but stopped when he saw that Mark was following behind Kris. He took a step back, slightly hiding behind his father before finally speaking. "She collapsed. I'm not yet sure why."

"Aren't you in the house with her?" Kris asked somewhat frustrated at the lack of information. He has no idea how serious the situation really was.

"I am. But." Gun was back at it again, struggling to put into words everything that he wanted to say. He was tired and he can't seem to think straight.

"Let's go Gun. You're brother should be able to take care of these things from here on." His father said before grabbing his left arm and dragging him.

Gun tried to fight his way out of his iron-like grip. "No. I want to stay here. I won't go anywhere until I know that she's okay."

"Leave him alone." Mark break in. He moved closer to Gun, grabbing his other hand and firmly holding it. Gun tensed up with Mark's touch but at the same time, it made him feel safe.

"You again?" The man sighed as he tightened his grip on Gun's wrist. The boy gasp at the action, his face contorting into a grimace of pain.

"Let go of him," Mark warned. His voice was full of conviction as he stared at him with raging eyes as if he was looking at his prey. "I already beat you up once so don't come for the second one because I'll make sure you'll never live to go through the third."

The man laughed, underestimating Mark because he can only see him as a try-hard little college boy. "You only beat me because I was drunk. And besides, I am not a kid like you anymore. Why would I even have to fight you one on one when I can just pay someone else to beat you into a pulp."