Getting to know one another

Aaliyah found herself enjoying the dinner/party. She had quickly bonded with the women there and was enjoying herself. Jameel saw this and smiled. "Your wife is one of a kind. She's beautiful and she's got a good heart. Jameel, your a lucky man" said his boss. "I know."

Soon it was time to leave. Jameel drove him and Aaliyah to a restaurant. "Let's have some real food. None of that fancy stuff."

"I'm not hungry."

"Humour me."

Jameel watched as Aaliyah ate. She took tiny bites he noticed. Soon, Jameel and Aaliyah were in deep conversation. Aaliyah was still a bit hesitant, but Jameel was her husband so she was making more of an effort. Jameel and Aaliyah both realised they weren't as different as they thought and had quite a few common interests.

Jameel soon drove them home. Aaliyah went to her room to change. Jameels dad called him into the study and said "how's married life? I didn't make a wrong decision did I?" "No dad. We are still getting to know one another, but right now everything looks good."

Jameel sat down next to his mum, to watch tv. "How was your dinner?" "It was fine mum and like I told dad we are getting to know one another." 

Jameel got up to go to his room, but slipped on the wet floor. He cried out in pain, as Aaliyah came running. She helped him to his room and tucked him in bed. She sat on the floor, next to the bed, resting her head on the bed, holding Jameels hand, in case he needed anything.

I wrote this in a rush, so not my best. Do you think Jameel is getting feelings?