Moving in

Aaliyah was nervous. She was going back home, albeit as a different person. She didn't know if she could act like a stranger towards Jameel for much longer. It was killing her, to be so detached from the man she loved. But, she kept reminding herself it was for the greater good. Aaliyah's cousin came and told her it was time.

Aaliyah quickly said a silent prayer to god to ask for strength to do this, then went. They pulled up outside. Aaliyah went in.

"Aunty, me and my husband are exhausted from bringing all the bags here. Could you and the girl who's not your daughter in law bring our bags in?" Aaliyah and her cousin silently laughed watching Jameels mum and chammi wrestle with the bags and bring them in. Aaliyah looked around and saw Jameel in the doorway. All she wanted to do was run and hug him, and tell him the truth, but she knew she couldn't. Aaliyah's cousin put his arm around her shoulders and led her to their room.

"This is so hard. I didn't know it'd be this difficult."

"Keep you're composure Aaliyah."

Aaliyah managed to keep her cool for the rest of the day. She was having a great time, ordering Jameels mum and chammi around. But it still hurt her, to remember what they were planning to do with her. Did they hate her that much? What had she ever done to them?

At night, when everyone was asleep, Aaliyah sneaked into her room that she shared with Jameel. She smiled watching him sleep. Jameel began calling out her name in his sleep, so Aaliyah rushed to him. She gently massaged his head, putting him back to sleep. She gently kissed him on the lips and quietly went back to bed.