Becoming more than friends

Jameel woke up and saw Aaliyah asleep, holding his hand. He quickly got up and moved her into the bed, so she could sleep peacefully. Silly girl he thought. Has she been sleeping like this all night?

Chammi walked into the house and apologised to Jameel. "Where's Aaliyah?" "Why?" "I want to be friends with her, seeing as she's your life partner now, and I'm your cousin and best friend, so it would make your life difficult if we didn't get along."

"She's asleep."

"Still? It doesn't look good for the daughter in law of the house being asleep at this time." said chammi bitterly 

"Well, unlike you she was up all night looking after me, and she's my wife and if I don't have a problem with her sleeping at this time, neither should anyone else." Jameel shot back

Chammi took a step backwards, shocked. Jameel had never spoken to her like this. She hastily made her exit.

Aaliyah soon came running. Jameel couldn't believe even in simple dress, how beautiful she was. "Sorry, I can't believe how late I slept." "Did you sleep like that all night?" "Yes. You were injured and I didn't want to disturb your sleep. Plus, I needed to take care of you."

Jameel couldn't stop smiling. "I'm your wife, it's my job to look after you." Jameel took Aaliyah out to the mall, to get her some clothes. He couldn't stop staring as she tried on different clothes and asked his opinion.

Aaliyah was putting her clothes away, when Jameel entered. "Do you need anything?" "Yes." "What?" Jameel walked up to Aaliyah, cupping her face in his hands and gave her a tender kiss. Aaliyah just stared at Jameel.

"I know it's sudden, but I've fallen for you. I don't know when, but it's happened. I know you don't feel the same way, but I'll wait for the day when you do." Jameel quickly began to leave, but Aaliyah grabbed his hand. She put her arms around his neck, and kissed him with everything she had. "That's how I feel" she whispered. Jameel smiled as they both hugged.

I know this is a bit quick, but I needed to get them together to set up the next part of the story