Chapter 20: Pirates Vs. Ninja

The Ninja have begun training Lloyd, Jay tripped and fell on top of Aria who was just sitting in the corner reading a book. This happened several times where everyone kept knocking into her.

"THAT'S IT" Aria screamed slamming her book shut and standing up, making all the male ninjas freeze in fear

"...sorry" Jay said

"Out!" Aria shouted

Kai shook his head "but-"

"OUT" Aria screamed and the ninja all piled out the door before she slammed it shut

"whoops" Cole said

"never bother Aria while she's reading" Lloyd said

"noted" Zane said

They soon relocate to a dojo owned by a confident yet poorly trained martial artist named "Grand Sensei" Dareth. He doubts the Ninja truly saved the city and will only allow them to use the dojo if they can defeat him. 

He demonstrates several animal poses, and afterwards, Kai pulls on his hood and defeats Dareth easily with an attack of his Spinjitzu. The Ninja train Lloyd. When he is told to break boards, he accidentally cracks the floor in the process. 

"The reason you have the potential to be the greatest Ninja is because you can master all of the main elemental powers" Zane comments

"I'm not impressed, I could chop fifty boards in half and if I do, you have to make me the Brown Ninja" Dareth said, and he fails miserably.

Soon after, the Pirates begin flying the ship through Ninjago City. The Ninja are instantly alerted and head after it, telling Lloyd he needs to stay behind since his powers are too uncontrollable. However, Dareth gets on board first, convinced that if he stops the Pirates he'll be allowed to be the Brown Ninja. He is soon captured, and the Ninja decide to sneak on dressed up as Pirates.

On board, Dareth is forced to walk the plank. He confesses that all his trophies are fake and his brown belt is colored before falling off, only to be caught by the Ultra Dragon, who is being driven by Lloyd. The Ninja shed their disguises and fight against the Pirates using their wooden weapons. 

Lloyd and Aria drop in.

"Lloyd don't fight" Kai said and puts him in a barrel

In an attempt to get out of the barrel, Lloyd uses his first Spinjitzu, and Garmadon and the Serpentine are freed from the jail cell in time to see Lloyd has become stronger. After Lloyd accidentally used his elemental powers, the Ninja are trapped under the mast. 

"Lloyd!" Aria shouted as she dropped down from Nya's Samurai X suit.

"you idiot" she said before kicking a pirate in the face and another in the gut

Together Aria and Nya stops the Pirates, and repairs the ship. The Pirates are soon taken away by the police, but Garmadon takes control of the Black Bounty before the Ninja. 

"Dad!" Lloyd shouted

"you're getting stronger, but you will never be able to defeat me, just give up!" Garmadon shouted, Lloyd takes a stand beside the Ninja and Nya, and Garmadon flies away. 

As the team watches, Dareth attempts a sneak attack on Jay, only to have Jay flip him at the last second

"I Dareth you to forgive me" he said from the floor and the ninja laugh