Chapter 28: Island of Darkness

"The light will destroy you, only I can give you your power, now wake"

"Aria"

"Aria"

"Aria wake up"

Aria opened her eyes to see Lloyd "Lloyd, what happened"

"You went unconscious" Lloyd said

"Where are we?" Aria asked sitting up

"The island of darkness" Lloyd replied helping her stand up

"I'm fine Lloyd" Aria said

"The ninja went out to find the temple of light" Lloyd said

"the light will destroy you"

Aria looked around

"What?" Lloyd questioned "are you ok?"

"yeah... did you hear that?" Aria asked

"Hear what?" Lloyd questioned confused

"the voice" Aria said

"Maybe you should lay back down Aria" Lloyd said leading her over to the bed, she pulled away

"No I'm fine" Aria said

"The ninja are back" Dr. Julian said coming in

"Who's that?" Aria asked

"Long story, but he's Zane's dad" Lloyd answered

"...ok" Aria said, they went outside and got into their new power drill vehicle

"Good to see you up on your feet Aria" Kai said

"How are you feeling?" Jay asked

"A lot better" Aria said

With their new vehicles, the Ninja head for the Temple of Light, barely keeping ahead of the Stone Army. Inside the Temple, they find pictures on the walls depicting their journey from the past until the present. 

"Look it's even us right now" Jay said

"But look, Aria isn't with us" Zane said pointing to next to Lloyd on the wall where instead of Aria being there it was blank

"the light will destroy you"

"Maybe I'm not supposed to be here" Aria mumbled

Further in is a great bell, hanging above a strange design on the floor bearing the Ninjas' symbols. Realizing that it's the Instrument of Peace, Lloyd strikes it, causing a light to shine on him and beams of energy to reflect off crystals in the walls. 

Aria quickly moved out of the way of one of the beams

"the light will destroy you, get out"

Soon, the entire room is crisscrossed with beams, and one hits a pillar, making it glow brightly. At the foot of the pillar, Kai's robes transform, and a Dragon Sword with the power of Fire appears in his hand.

In rapid succession, Zane, Cole, and Jay undergo similar transformations, regaining their powers over Ice, Earth, and Lightning, respectively. As their swords manifest blades representing their respective elements, Lloyd rises into the air.

"Get out foolish child, NOW"

With that Aria ran out of the temple. The Ninja use their swords to send their elemental powers to Lloyd, who glows brightly as a Golden Dragon appears for a split second. When the light fades, Lloyd lands on the ground, wearing a new suit similar to the other four Ninja, and with his true powers unlocked.

The Stone Army finally marches into the Temple, but the Ninja are more than ready for them, using their new elemental powers, they easily trounce the warriors. Kai beats up some soldiers within a ring of fire, Jay electrocutes a whole line of enemies with a single touch.

Zane tricks a group of his foes into turning themselves into an ice pillar, and Cole swallows his opponents in a mound of dirt. Finally, Lloyd summons the power of the Golden Dragon, creating a brilliant light that frightens the remaining stone soldiers into retreat.

Lloyd's powers cause a Golden Dragon to appear on the roof of the Temple, roaring mightily. From the Bounty, Sensei Wu and the others celebrate, knowing that the ninja have succeeded.

Aria was on the floor breathing heavy and cried "why is this happening to me"