Chapter 59: My Dinner With Nadakhan

A helicopter of NGTV are reporting the missing remains of Ninjago that are forming part of the new "Djinjago," but they are attacked by a sky pirate ship and the helicopter falls down.

In the Misfortune's Keep, Jay, who is helpless due to being chained to a Vengestone ball, is mopping the floor while Nadakhan throws water to the floor to bother him. Jay still refuses to wish his third wish, believing that his friends will come to rescue him, but Nadakhan wants to fill his Djinn Blade to finish recreating Djinjago and throws his sword to Jay only to hear the voices of his friends trapped in there.

He even tries to make Nya fall from him, noting Jay's hidden fear and attempts to hide it, but Jay is adamant. Angry, Nadakhan orders him to sweep the bottom of the ship—while in midair. However, this fails too, much to Jay's bemusement. 

-

Aria pried the wood off of the grand doors of her family's old castle that she never knew existed. She pushed open the doors to be met with a grand mansion with very little dust. Aria walked around to each room before stumbling across a room with gold letters spelling out Layla. Her's mother's old bedroom.

She opened the door to see the room clean except for a single broken portrait on the floor.

"Its Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Lu, and mom. Uncle Lu and Mom grew up in the castle. I always thought my last name came from dad, but it actually came from mom" Aria said to her self "but the Lord family is no longer rule Ninjago, but why"

Aria looked around her mom's old room "Mom was the ruler of the demon realm, and it's being passed on to me, but if she was born and raised in Ninjago as the princess and befriended Misako, Garmadon, and Wu how did she become the ruler of the demon realm"

"none of this makes any sense" Aria said before she went in her moms closet "I wonder if I'm the same size as mom when she was my age"

-

Meanwhile, in Tiger Widow Island, Lloyd returns on his Dragon looking for the mainland, but fails. Cole laughs thinking what Jay would have said, leading Nya to apologize for being such a bad friend. Lloyd comforts them both by noting Jay's inner strength as well as their own determination to succeed. Eventually, they get the idea to built something to get out of the island.

Meanwhile in the pirate ship, Clancee reveals many things about the crew to Jay, while Jay is thinking of writing a message to his friends. He fakes in having a back-ache, fake-wishing in the attempt, making Clancee go and find Nadakhan. This gives him enough time to reach the quill to write a message, and puts the message in a bottle. 

Trying to escape, he jumps off to another ship, fights with Clancee, and jumps up to a little floating island. He's followed by Doubloon, but Jay manages to evade him until he lands on a sky mine. Being threatened, he drops the bottle in "defeat", succeeding in his original plan in the process.