Chapter 36: Versus

All the competitors are in the cafeteria eating breakfast. As Garmadon asks for dessert, the goons refuse due to his betrayal to their master. The Ninja are still shaken up from Chen stealing Karlof's powers and sit together at a table to eat.

"Lloyd where's Aria?" Kai asked

"Haven't seen her" Lloyd replied

"Here" They heard as arms wrapped around Lloyd

"Good morning beautiful" Lloyd said as Aria sat down between him and Kai

"we need a new plan to find Zane" Cole said

"Cole's right, we were almost cough once, sneaking around at night isn't going to work" Aria agreed

"says the one who's Chen's favorite" Garmadon said

"Dad" Lloyd shot him a look

"I'll see you guys later" Aria said standing up and leaving the room

"What was that for Garmadon" Kai said upset

"Aria's a ninja, don't treat her like an enemy" Lloyd said angry

"Well I think i'm going to take the day off" Jay said

"Oh of course you are" Cole said annoyed

"What's that supposed to mean" Jay asked annoyed

"Stop" Lloyd said

"Attention Everyone!" Chen shouted and everyone looked at him "The next fights for a jadeblade consists of Griffin Turner, Gravis, Ash, Bolobo, Neuro"

"Looks like we get the day off" Jay said

"and Kai" Chen finished

"oh no" Kai sighed

The first match begins with Griffin versus Gravis to obtain a Jadeblade from the top of a cherry blossom tree. Griffin's element initially gave him a headstart, but Gravis catches up to him by means of levitation.

The second match between Neuro and Bolobo begins, where the Jadeblade rets on top of a boulder. Neuro reads Bolobo's mind to see his opening move and in doing so, he uses his vines to gain ground in climbing, which makes Bolobo go after him.

The final match between Kai and Ash takes place on a bridge over a volcano, with the Jadeblade and the competitors on a wooden bridge. Kai goes straight for the Blade, but Ash flips the bridge over, causing it to fall on a rock below. Kai climbs under the bridge and attempts to kick Ash.

But the Master of Smoke uses his powers to evade the attack. Kai countinously attacks Ash, with none of his blow landing while Ash keeps disappearing and reappearing and his punches landing, eventually sending the Master of Fire throught the bridge and hanging.

Meanwhile, the Master of Nature traps the Master of Mind, though, he quickly escapes and sends his opponent to the ground using his powers, to which Garmadon remarks on the power of the mind. However, Bolobo trapped Neuro in a multitude of vines again where Lloyd points out "in man vs nature, nature usually wins."