Chapter 46: Stiix and Stones

Jay, Kai, Cole, and Zane arrive at the coastal town of Stiix, and are greeted by a fisherman, who is promptly pulled into the ocean by his catch. The Red Ninja expresses his fear of water, noting that he used to be able to summon an Elemental Dragon to avoid it before.

The Ninja soon locate Ronin's shop to search for the Airjitzu scroll, finding valuable artifacts such as the Blade Cup. They are quickly confronted with the store's owner himself, who tries to trap them in a Vengestone net, but fails. 

"Ronin it's just the boys" Aria said coming out from the back

"Airjitzu scroll where is it" Kai demanded

"$200" Ronin said

"$200!" The ninja shouted

"You heard him boys, go" Aria said

"Aria!" they shouted

"Go" Aria pointed out

The boys reluctantly left.

"I'll go finish" Aria said walking into the back "you keep watch"

"as you wish princess" Ronin said

The Ninja find a job building a dock. Kai operates the crane, Zane keeps the Strangle Weed at bay, and Cole and Jay lay down the planks. All goes well until a fly distracts Zane and damages his language database. Through miscommunication, the Ninja end up destroying the dock. Jay decides to take charge, and declares that they will steal the scroll of Airjitzu. 

Jay tells the team his plan; steal the scroll back from Ronin, use it to learn Airjitzu, and return it to the library. Leading the group on using stealth (after Jay falls into a woman's house), they reach the shop, where Ronin encounters Soul Archer, and claims he thought he had more time. Soul Archer states he'll return for his debt, and pushes Ronin towards Morro, who the mercenary mistakes for Lloyd.

 Morro asks for the scroll, though Ronin tries to get him to sell his armor. Morro holds him up, though hears the Ninja, and tells Soul Archer to hide and take the scroll when they find it, while he ties up Ronin. As they search, Cole decides to steal back the Blade Cup for his father, while Soul Archer trap Jay with an organ's pipes. 

Cole throws a water jug, causing Soul Archer to release the Blue Ninja. Morro reveals himself, and releases multiple ghosts. Kai then uses an Aeroblade and throws more to the others, once he confirms they work. In the chaos of defeating the ghosts, Ronin is cut loose. 

"Ronin" Aria throws him the scroll

"Aria what are you doing!" Cole shouted

Ronin calls for R.E.X. and makes his escape, destroying his shop. Morro uses his powers to knock the mercenary out of his ship, and unable to whistle. Everyone gives chase, but Morro manages to get the scroll. 

Aria made a dark energy ball to throw at Morro.

"You don't want to hurt me do you Aria" Morro said sadly

Aria faltered causing her energy ball to disappeared.

"Aria!" Kai shouted angry

The Ninja continue on, though are separated until only Kai is left (Jay falls into the woman's apartment again, Zane is left behind, and Cole falls into a pile of crates). At the dock, Morro and Kai run out of pegs, with Kai unable to keep his balance, and being cornered by Strangle Weed. Morro soon learns Airjitzu and escapes on his dragon, taking Soul Archer with him. Ronin arrives on R.E.X., offering to save Kai in exchange for something he has, which he agrees.

On the pier, Jay, Zane, and Cole regroup and lament on the situation. Upon seeing Kai is okay, Cole decides to take his old position as leader the following day. After Kai is dropped off, Ronin reminds him of his deal, and what he said about second chances before leaving, wishing the Ninja luck in saving Lloyd. 

"Ronin" Aria called 

"yes prin-"

"Don't mess up again" Aria interrupted

Kai reveals he gave him everyone's shares of the tea farm, much to everyone's horror as Wu wouldn't believe it. Kai says since Lloyd's paying a bigger price than he did, he'd do it again. As Cole questions how they'll learn Airjitzu, Kai says they'll have "a ghost of a chance." 

-

"-and sensei thinks i might be the green ninja" Morro finished

"wow, that's so cool. I wished I was as strong as you" Aria said 

"You're only 6 Aria, and you're the daughter of the Overlord and the Demon Queen Layla, you're a princess. That's much more amazing then me, you're going to be so powerful" Morro praised her

"I guess so" Aria shrugged

"hey don't worry, I'll be with you" Morro hugged her

Aria smiled "you're the best Morro"

"You know kiddo, when we're older i'm sure you'll be quite the looker. I'll have to keep all the boys away from you" Morro tease

Aria giggled "Morro stop teasing me"

Morro shrugged "you never know princess, you never know"