Chapter 40: The Forgotten Element

In the Anacondrai Temple, Kai, Jay, Griffin Turner, Neuro, Paleman, and Shade are being led in chains made of Vengestone to have their powers taken away. As most of the Masters lament on the situation of not heeding the Ninjas' warning about Chen, Neuro remarks they should've teamed up sooner but that it's already too late. 

Jay attempts to keep a positive attitude as Kai berates him for that because of the fact that they're about to be powerless. Jay is still confident that Lloyd will save them. Chen arrives via Gravity-defying throne, happy with the décor, and the fact that he'll soon have more elements in his Staff. 

Jay states his belief in Lloyd, which Chen doubts, but waits a few seconds to see if Jay's right. Getting bored, Chen raises his Staff and takes the Masters' powers while saying "Only one can remain!" Upon Chen ordering for the Masters to be sent to the factory, Skylor begs for Kai to be spared, saying that he can help them, to which Chen agrees with, noting her feelings for him.

Outside, Lloyd, Nya, and Garmadon are near the entrance to the temple.

"We'll have to wait until nightfall, their's too many guard" Nya said

"No we have to go now" Lloyd argued

"Patients son, someone with real power empowers those around him" Garmadon said

"but we have no idea where Aria is" Lloyd said looking down

"Patients son" Garmadon said as he placed his hand on Lloyd's shoulder

That night three refugees sneak into the palace unnoticed, though Lloyd sets off a trip wire, and the trio is soon surrounded by Cultists. Nya decides to hold them off, while the Garmadons go on, only to encounter Clouse. 

Lloyd is forced to leave his father behind and falls into another one of Chen's trapdoors into a cave made by Clouse's serpent. Kai appears and gets the Green Ninja out. Kai advises him on the situation and plan, but Lloyd refuses and says he needs to face Chen.

With that, Kai blows out his torch and leaves while Lloyd finds himself with Chen in the throne room. Shocked that Chen managed to turn Kai against him, Lloyd proceeds to battle while trying to talk some sense into Chen. However, the man uses everyone's elements to overwhelm the Green Ninja and easily defeats him.

"What did you do to Aria" Lloyd asked

"By now your little girlfriend is at the bottom of a lake" Chen laughed

The ceremony begins, and Lloyd is brought in by Kapau and Chope.

"Kai why would you betray us" Lloyd questions

"Dont worry" Kai replied

Chen then has Skylor give up her powers.

Skylor has completely lost her power, and Chen proceeds to take Lloyd's Energy. Clouse begins the spell.

"Hey Chen you forgot an element" Kai said "surprise"

Skylor then kicks the Staff out of her father's hands, and Kai uses it to free Lloyd, hold off the cultists and freeze Clouse. Lloyd tells him to destroy the Staff, but Kai begins to become corrupted by its power.

Just before he uses it on Lloyd and Skylor, everyone busts in and attacks, causing him to drop the Staff. Lloyd is happy to see Zane again as they fight off the cultists.

Chen spots his staff and runs to retrieve it, but Kai spots and grabs the Staff before Chen does and destroys it, restoring everyone's elements and allowing them to overpower the cultists.

Then Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane all reunited, performing Spinjitzu to finish off and capture the Cultists as Nya expresses her joy at seeing them fight together again.

Garmadon goes up to where Clouse was, but finds that he had escaped from the ice along with Chen, Eyezor, Kapau, Chope, and Zugu, with Skylor as their prisoner.

The Elemental Masters were now in control of the island.

"Don't worry Kai we'll save her" Garmadon said

"Yeah we'll find then" Nya reassured her brother

"We found an old friend, but I didn't expect to make new ones" Kai said, he then looked puzzled

"What's wrong?" Nya asked

"I feel like we're forgetting something" Kai replied looking around before stopping and staring at the forest "Aria! We have to find her"

"Clouse and Chen said she was in a river somewhere" Lloyd said

"The battle must've took place near a river" Zane implied

"Let's go search the rivers then" Neuro said

"You guy's will help? Why?" Jay asked

"Their's no reason we can't" Turner replied

With that everyone spread out in the forest searching. Any river they saw they searched. Lloyd saw a river and immediately jumped in it, it was only up to his knees.

"ARIA" Lloyd called out "Answer me please!"

"You can't be gone" Lloyd said, his voice shaking

He heard a noise coming from farther down, he immediately ran down. In the water he saw Aria laying down, her eyes closed and her head was bleeding.

"Aria!" Lloyd shouted before picking her up

The rest of the ninjas ran over to where Lloyd was holding Aria.

"Lloyd let me see her" Zane said and Lloyd reluctantly passed her to him

Zane started doing a checkup, checking what wounds she had, if anything was broken, and even if she was alive.

"Aria is alright, she's only unconscious, she received a blow to the head, but other then that nothing is broken and their's only minor injuries." Zane reported

"Oh thank god" Jay said

"Let's get her back to the palace to be treated" Kai suggested

Lloyd carried Aria to the palace. The other elementals were already there. Zane and Lloyd took Aria into a room to treat her wounds.

"Lloyd, Zane" Aria slightly opened her eyes

"You're safe now" Lloyd said taking her hand "get some rest"

Aria smiled and closed her eyes, falling asleep this time.

"Lloyd look" Zane said pointing at her injury on her head

The huge cut was glowing and healing itself.

"What kind of powers does Aria have" Lloyd questioned

"Whatever it is, I sense she will be someone great one day, she just doesn't believe it yet" Zane smiled