Chapter 64: The Mask of Deception

One year has passed since Krux, Acronix, and Master Wu were all lost in time. During the Dragon Day celebration in downtown Ninjago City, six masked members of the Sons of Garmadon infiltrate Borg Tower and steal the Oni Mask of Vengeance. 

While leaving, they are confronted by Lloyd, who fights and overpowers three of them and manages to get one of them arrested. However, Mr. E manages to escape with the Oni Mask after a big chase in Lloyd's Ninja Nightcrawler, causing Lloyd to tell P.I.X.A.L. it was time to get the crew back together.

The other Ninja are on various missions around Ninjago. Nya is dealing with a group of samurais in a valley, Cole and Jay are searching for Master Wu at an ancient temple, Kai and Zane are battling the Mechanic, and Aria's whereabouts are still unknown.

The Ninja eventually grouped up. Lloyd joins them. 

"Hey, there he is. You're late" Kai said

"Kai was late too, if it is any consolation" Zane said

Lloyd smiled "Thanks for meeting me here. It's been a while since we've all been under one roof" 

Nya giggles while Cole nudges Jay

"What?" Lloyd questioned

"Are we gonna talk about it?" Jay asked

"Talk about what?" Lloyd asked 

Cole started Your voice, it's—"

"Lower" Zane finished 

Kai put his arm around his shoulder "Sounds like our little Ninja's growing up" he laughed 

"yeah I'm 18 almost 19 now" Lloyd said

Nya shook her head "Any word from your mother?

"Not since she went searching for Master Wu. I don't know where she is" Lloyd replied

"She'll come back, Lloyd. And so will Wu. What about Aria have you heard from her?" Cole asked

Lloyd shook his head "Not everyone comes back, Cole. But that isn't why I called you here. I called you because of this" He shows them the logo he saw on the parachute. 

"Your father? Lord Garmadon?" Cole questioned 

Lloyd shrugged "After poking around, I've learned it's the symbol to—"

"The Sons of Garmadon. A mysterious criminal syndicate growing prominent in Ninjago City" Zane said 

Lloyd nodded "Seventy two hours ago, they stole a powerful relic from Cyrus Borg. Some mask—"

"the Oni Mask of Vengeance"

The Ninja's turned around.

"Do we know you?" Lloyd asked staring at her

"It's been too long boys" She said blowing out smoke "2 years maybe"