♡SEVENTEEN♡

A\N: trigger warning for slight violence! 

Taehyung was getting better.

A couple of weeks had passed ever since he found out that his sister was now in a whole other continent, and though he had felt upset and bitter, he was now beginning to come to terms with it all. Taehyung told himself that she was in a safe environment, and if she had lived with him she would have had to suffer from constantly traveling and other unsafe things. He also told himself that she still had an education, and if she went with them, she wouldn't have something as important as that.

He knew he would be in an even worse condition if she had been hurt or killed, but thankfully, she was now more than safe. So Taehyung told himself that it was for the best, and though he missed her more than anything, he still had Jungkook.

Speaking of them both, the two lovers were hand in hand and heading to a small convenience store. Taehyung needed to grab a couple of things, and though Jungkook didn't need anything, he decided to come along just for the hell of it.

"Are you sure you don't just want to come inside with me?" Taehyung asked, his eyes looking concerned. "I'll try to be quick."

"For the last time, I'll be fine out here. Don't worry" Jungkook replied, pinching his boyfriend's cheek.

Taehyung pecked the younger before going inside the small store, leaving Jungkook all by himself. He decided to move to the side of the convenience store so he wouldn't be blocking the doorway, and he lit a cigarette as he stood up against the wall. 

Jungkook sighed, letting the smoke fly from his mouth and up into the warm afternoon air. He closed his eyes, leaning his head up against the wall. He enjoyed the quiet.

It didn't last for very long though.

Jungkook heard coughing. Hard, sore-throat sounding coughing. It almost made him open his eyes, but he stopped, recognizing the smell of something in that small ally. He wasn't exactly sure what that something was, but it sure was deadly familiar.

Suddenly, a flood of memories entered Jungkook's mind, and his eyes snapped open.

It was alcohol.

Jungkook turned his head and looked down at the ally, and he saw a man extremely similar to his father sitting there, coughing with a bottle of alcohol right by his side.

His heartbeat increased drastically, and fear dropped down into his stomach. Jungkook wanted to run, he wanted to run into Taehyung's arms and tell him that his father, the man that ruined his childhood, was here. Here in the side of this very convenience store.

But he couldn't move.

Jungkook was frozen, staring at his father as memories that he tried so hard to forget resurrected themselves in his mind. He felt like an idiot, he should have remembered that they were now in Busan - that they were both back to Jungkook's hometown, where his father lived. Where he could be lurking the streets during any hour of the day. 

The man finally turned his head, noticing the purple haired boy staring at him. Jungkook immediately looked away, praying to god that he didn't recognize him.

The man was walking towards him, and Jungkook desperately wanted to start sprinting away from him. But he practically glued to the wall, his breathing beginning to grow heavier and heavier.