♡TWENTY ONE♡

Taehyung was worried.

It was seven o'clock in the morning, and the older had barely gotten any sleep. To be fair, he has barely gotten any sleep for the past couple of days, since anxiety seemed to be the only thing on his mind.

The only thing calming him down was seeing Jungkook sound asleep next to him. Seeing him still and relaxed made him feel content, and he wished that he could be sleeping as well as him.

Ever since the day he and Jungkook got their tattoos, he's been apprehensive. 

Something had happened that night, and the younger was completely unaware of it since he wasn't involved. But Taehyung was. 

And it was driving him insane.

*Flashback*

It was late at night, and Taehyung was holding Jungkook, both having nothing but a blanket over them.

Jungkook was asleep (they both have had a little too much fun the past few hours) and Taehyung was wide awake, his heart a fluttering mess.

He loved him.

Jeon Jungkook really loved him.

Taehyung knew he was in love with the younger, he's known for a while now. But he never expected them to actually confess to one another. To be honest, Taehyung assumed that it was going to be an unspoken sentence for the two; though they never said the actual words, they would still know in their hearts that they loved one another.

The older played with Jungkook's hair as he slept peacefully, the only sound being heard was of a few cars driving by. The younger's head laid on his chest, and Taehyung listened to the rhythm of his breathing, feeling it make him more and calmer.

Taehyung felt himself shivering since he was completely naked with nothing but a blanket over him. Carefully, he sat up without waking the younger up and moved to the other side of the backseat near the window, he then began putting on his boxers and his t-shirt. 

While putting on his clothes, he sat right by the window, and out of the corner of his eye, Taehyung noticed a large truck driving by.

Before it was fully gone Taehyung looked outside, just out of curiosity, to see what it was, since it was so big. But, once he noticed the logo on the truck, his stomach dropped.

It was of a flower with a giant circle around it.

The same symbol that his old mental institution is practically known for.

Now a day has passed since then and Taehyung's been incredibly stressed and confused all at once. He had assumed that they had given up on finding him, that they had decided to forget about the young boy from Daegu.

But maybe, they never did.

Taehyung clung to the hope that he had simply imagined it, that the symbol may have looked similar but it turned out to be something completely different. He hoped with all of his heart that it was false.

But deep down, Taehyung had a feeling that he was wrong.

He hasn't told Jungkook about any of this, only because he was scared about worrying the younger. Instead, he's kept all of this to himself while trying to not go outside too much due to the fear of being recognized.

Though Taehyung didn't notice, Jungkook's eyes had just fluttered open, and he scooted closer to the older, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Hi," he whispered.

"Hey" Taehyung replied. They shared a brief kiss before Jungkook pulled away, his bunny teeth clear insight.

"How long have you been awake?" The younger asked.

"A little while" Taehyung replied.

Jungkook nodded, feeling Taehyung brush some curls out of his eyes "do you wanna do something today? Like, I don't know, we could wander downtown or something. I heard there was this-"

"-Um, I'm actually not feeling so good," Taehyung said. It wasn't a total lie, though. He did feel pretty sick due to sleep deprivation and stress. 

Jungkook's eyes widened, then he placed his palm on the older's forehead "hmm, you're a bit warm, actually. God, why didn't you tell me sooner?! Let me go out and buy something-"

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook by the waist before he could leave, and he pulled him back down to the bed with him.

"Let's not worry about that now," Taehyung told him "the only medicine I need right now is for you to hold me."

Jungkook smiled as he wrapped his arms around the older "fine, but if you need anything, tell me, alright?"

"Mhm," Taehyung replied, burying his head into the younger's shoulder. He was so tired that he could barely keep his eyes open.

"Just rest, okay?" Jungkook replied, "I'll stay right here with you."

Taehyung nodded into his shoulder before feeling the younger's lips kiss the top of his head, and then, there was nothing at all.