♡TWENTY-THREE♡

Stop signs and red lights seemed to be the only thing Jungkook could see these past few hours.

After Taehyung was taken away, Jungkook had nothing better left to do then go home back to Busan. He knew he didn't want to go and find some motel and stay there, that would bring back way too many memories.

So he just decided to go back home. No, he wasn't going to see his father, he would rather shoot himself than see the devil reincarnated again. Instead, Jungkook was going to see his best friend, Jimin.

In case you've forgotten, Jimin used to be Jungkook's best friend. They haven't seen each other in months, and though this was all super random, Jungkook didn't know where else to go.

He pulled up in front of Jimin's house, the same house where they used to have tons of playdates and sleepovers. It hadn't changed that much, and though it was late at night, some lights were still on.

Jungkook got out of the car while carrying his and Taehyung's old bag (for some reason he couldn't leave it in the car) and walked up to the older's doorstep, praying that his parents weren't home.

Taking a deep breath, Jungkook rang the doorbell. His heart pounded in his chest as he waited to see the door open and be met with the older's face, but it didn't seem to happen. He rang the door a second time, confused as to why no one seemed to answer.

The door finally opened, and Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as soon as he was met with a messy-haired Jimin. His eyes widened as he ran a hand through his dark brown hair and stared at the younger, taking him in.

"J-Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

"Hi" Jungkook replied.

Jimin then threw himself onto him, embracing him. Jungkook was still before he wrapped his arms around him in return, feeling himself break down. It had been a long day for the younger, and he needed his best friend.

The two boys stood like that for a long time, just hugging each other as Jungkook shed his tears onto Jimin's shoulder. Then, they pulled away, and Jimin spoke so quickly yet so confidently.

"Tell me everything."

-------------------------------------------------

"Holy fucking shit," Jimin said before Jungkook could finish the whole story "so you've been traveling around South Korea with this guy you found at a gas station?"

"That's one way to put it" Jungkook replied.

"Wait-" Jimin said, grabbing the younger's arm "what's this?!"

Jungkook looked down at his wrist to see that Jimin had been pointing out his tiger tattoo, and his heart dropped at the sight of it.

"Oh, uh..." Jungkook trailed off "there's more to the story that I didn't tell you."

"There's more?!" Jimin exclaimed.

Jungkook sighed before continuing "yeah, there is. I uh...I kinda fell in love with him."

"You WHAT?!" Jimin yelled, making the younger jump back "wow, this keeps getting juicier and juicer! Tell me about this guy."

Jungkook's eyebrows went up "like, tell you about what he's like?"

"Yeah dumbass!" Jimin joked "I need to know about the guy who caught my best friend's heart."

"O-okay" the younger replied "um, he's super kind...and sweet. He's usually quiet and reserved, but once he feels comfortable around you he can be super chatty. His smile is so bright if that makes sense, and his laugh is like that too. He's really gentle as well and is really good at taking care of me when I'm sad. He's also so creative and smart, he makes the most beautiful and clever poems that would just blow your mind. He's also so so beautiful, like, he's practically ethereal."

Jimin smiled "aw, that's sweet. But, where is he now?"

Jungkook's smile dropped, and he felt tears rise up into his eyes again.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, what's wrong?" Jimin asked, "did something happen to him?"

"Yeah" Jungkook replied, "he's gone."

"As in...as in he died?!" Jimin asked.

"No," The younger said "it's...it's also a really long story - actually, can you call the other guys and ask if they can come over? I think it'll be good if you all hear it."

Jimin raised his eyebrows "okay, but, why do you want them to get involved?"

"Because...I think they can help" Jungkook replied.

------------------------------------

Jimin had called Namjoon and Seokjin, and while the two other boys were shocked to see Jungkook back, he told them all about Taehyung and his past. He knew that his story could look bad to most, but Jungkook tried to make them see that Taehyung wasn't a bad guy and that he truly loved him.

When he finished, Jimin swore, Seokjin's mouth dropped and Namjoon held a hand up to his mouth.

"Well?" Jungkook said, "what do you think?"

"Are you sure you can trust this guy?" Namjoon asked, "I mean, he literally killed another guy, whether it was an accident or not that's still a crime."

"I don't care" Jungkook replied "and, I know I can trust him. I trust him more than anyone else in this world."

It was silent, and the three other boys sat there, still trying to let Jungkook's words from before sink in. Eventually, Jimin broke the silence: "well, how can we help?"

"You can help me break him out of there" Jungkook replied.

Seokjin's jaw dropped "what? That's crazy, I mean how are we going too-"

"-Taehyung told me they have bad security" Jungkook interupped "and we can also make a plan. Please, guys? I can't do this alone."

The three boys hesitated, but then Jimin walked up to Jungkook and took his hand "I'm in."

Jungkook looked towards the two other boys, and Seokjin got up, grabbing the other boys' hands "I'm in too."

"Namjoon?" Jungkook asked, looking towards him. The younger looked his first love in the eye, hoping that maybe he would reconsider his decision.

Jungkook's prayers were quickly answered as Namjoon got up and held all of their hands, smiling at Jungkook "count me in as well."

Jungkook smiled back. Now, all they had to do was make a plan, and then, soon enough, he was going to get Taehyung back.