♡TWENTY FOUR♡

"Wait so where is this place again? In Daegu?"

"For the last time Seokjin, yes!" Jungkook exclaimed. The four boys were on their way to get Taehyung out of the mental institution that he was now back in, and Jungkook felt himself growing more and more anxious.

It was nine o'clock at night (though Jungkook wanted to go free Taehyung the night he came to Jimin's house the other boys knew it would be better if they waited until the next day) and Jungkook's mind just seemed to think of the worst possibilities of this mission. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Namjoon asked. The two were seated next to each other in the back while Seokjin and Jimin were in the front. 

"Yeah, just a little worried" Jungkook replied.

"You shouldn't be" Namjoon reassured him "look on the positive side, our plan will work and then we'll get Taehyung out of there. Then, we can figure it out from here."

Jungkook nodded, trying to listen to the older's comforting words. It was silent between the two of them for a while before Namjoon blurted out "I'm sorry."

Jungkook turned to him, confused "for what?"

"For breaking your heart" Namjoon replied "I know you've moved on but, you have no idea how much guilt I felt. When you went missing, I was so scared that you killed yourself over me. Of course, now I know that's not the case but...I'm just really sorry, for any pain I caused you."

Jungkook smiled "it's okay. Yeah, I was really sad and heartbroken over it for a long time, but now, just thinking about it I feel okay. It doesn't hurt as much, you know?"

Namjoon nodded "and I'm really happy for you, too. It's sweet how much you care about Taehyung."

Jungkook's smile grew wider "yeah, I do really care about him."

And, at that moment, all of the resentment and anger he had previously felt towards the older faded and, instead was replaced with respect and gratitude.

---------------------------------------------

"M'am! There's a young man having a panic attack in the middle of the parking lot!" Seokjin said to the woman at the front desk a little too loudly.

The woman began asking more questions, but Seokjin eventually just dragged her along with him. He quickly winked at Jungkook as he led her away.

"Text us if something happens, okay?" Jungkook said to Namjoon. The older nodded in reply.

Jimin and Jungkook were going to find Taehyung as Seokjin distracted the front desk lady while Namjoon was had been assigned to keep watch of any suspicious-looking people. 

The two other boys hid behind the walls once they saw doctors passing by, and tried avoiding the patients as well. All and all, they were acting pretty inconspicuous, since no one but a few quiet patients had noticed them.

The only issue was finding the correct room.

"What if one of them sees us and starts yelling or something?" Jimin whisper yelled. They were currently hiding behind a wall as they tried to come up with a plan.

"I know" Jungkook replied. He then led his friend to a storage room he had seen earlier and found them both the same outfits that the patients had.

The two walked side by side, and a few doctors greeted them while others asked why they were together. They just lied and said that they couldn't leave each other's sides. The two boys roamed the hall, peeking in each room in order to find the red-haired boy.