♡NINETEEN♡

As usual, Jungkook couldn't sleep.

It was currently one in the morning, and Jungkook was lying in bed, trying to ignore the throbbing pain coming from his ribs. Taehyung was taking a shower, and Jungkook had no idea why he was doing it so late. But when he had woken up, he could clearly hear the water from the shower running. 

A couple of weeks had passed ever since Jungkook's reunion with his father, and the two were now in Gwangju. The only downside of it was all was that his nightmares had gotten worse than usual throughout each passing day. Now, Jungkook would wake up shaking and crying, his wounds throbbing and in pain.

But thankfully, Taehyung was always right beside him. He would comfort the younger as he sobbed, and eventually, when he felt better, he would fall asleep in Taehyung's arms. 

Finally, Jungkook came to the realization that he wasn't going to fall back asleep anytime soon and moved to the floor, finding his sketchbook. He flipped to a blank page, though he had no idea what to draw. Jungkook tried drawing a line, thinking that he could make it into some abstract drawing, but he felt no motivation.

Jungkook sighed, shutting the book and throwing it to the side. He wished that both the physical and internal pain would end, and then everything would be back to normal. He wanted to go back to how he and Taehyung were only a few weeks ago, a happy and loving couple. He wanted to go back before he met his dad and before Taehyung's sister moved across the country.

Suddenly, out of the corner of Jungkook's eye, he saw a small book. He picked it up, inspecting its black cover. Finally, the younger recognized it.

It was the book that Taehyung wrote his poems in.

Jungkook felt a small smile form on his lips as he remembered when he looked through it and made Taehyung angry, then telling him that he had to chase him in order to get it back. The younger looked towards the bathroom door, making sure that the older wasn't coming out anytime soon.

He knew how special and private that book was to Taehyung, but his curiosity somehow got the better of him. Plus, Jungkook knew he knew Taehyung better than anyone, so he assumed that there would be nothing in there that he didn't know.

Jungkook opened the book, skimming the different pages as he flipped through it. One poem caught his eye, and it was near the beginning.

My mind is my worst enemy

It constantly whispers assumptions in my ear and reminds me of my fears

I̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶  I wish it would stop talking

I wish it would quiet down

I wish it would give me a chance to think

R̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶

Jungkook continued reading the different mini poems, slowly understanding why he had been so secretive about it in the first place. This was a book where Taehyung grew most vulnerable, where you could take a long into his mind and all of the chaos within it. 

The younger also noticed how Taehyung always seemed to cross things out, and he liked it. He liked how he didn't start off and left it there. He knew it probably wasn't his intention, but the whole thing made Jungkook think about how no one was perfect and that we all have flaws, and most of the poems seemed to showcase that.