~VII~

27382837382/10👏RECOMMEND👏The👏Cruel👏Price👏BY👏HOLLY👏BLACK👏(It's an actual, tangible book, not a thing on Wattpad)

And don't forget the sequel: The Wicked King ;)

Y/n's POV

I bopped my head side to side to the beat of the song playing through my headphones. As I did so, the teal lazy bun on the back of my head bopped around with me. It was a little warmer than yesterday, leaving me in a light, unzipped jacket. The weather confused me in the winter. One day it could feel as if you'd freeze to death right then and there and the next day it'd feel like spring.
(At least, thats how it is where I live. Is it only in Kentucky where the weather is on it's period?)

My shoes pat against the concrete sidewalk of the small neighborhood that Ethan claimed to live in. Yesterday, as we ate, we exchanged numbers and he sent me his address so we could go on with our plans. We hadn't talked to each other over text or on the phone later that night, unlike every teenage romance movie. It was simply only one message holding the contents to make an address. He told me he'd be sitting on his front porch, but I still looked at each mailbox for the same number he gave me.

As the song progressed, I began stepping to the beat of the song without noticing. When I did notice, I didn't care to change it. Instead, I closed my eyes, moving my arms, legs, and head as it wished. It wasn't a too upbeat song, so I didn't look like a three-year-old jumping around to a rap song. My hands were out to my sides, my elbows bent so my arms didn't make me look like an airplane. My hands were free of any phone, allowing them to stick out all five fingers. My head bobbed up and down, my head going down on the downbeat of the song. A smile graced my lips, my feet and legs still stepping at a slow pace.
(I'm going for a mix of Tyler Joseph and Peter Quill dancing, but I suck at describing :p )

I zoned out, forgetting what I was originally doing, as I continued to dance my way down the sidewalk. It was fun, really. A year ago I wouldn't even think of doing something like this. I wouldn't dare anyone see me in that state. But, now I know my days are limited, my vision on what I should and shouldn't do turned around completely. Now, I did what I wanted with no fear of what anyone thinks. It was a great way to live, let me tell you. I wished I had lived that way all my life.

Suddenly, something tapped against the right side of my headphones, pulling me back to reality. I remembered what I was doing and where I was all at once. The smile stayed on my face as I opened my eyes and turned to the person who stopped me. I pulled my headphones off of my head and let them rest around my neck. Without anything for the sound to bounce off of, it escaped the round speakers and played for anyone close to me to hear. I payed no attention to it, for it wasn't loud enough to be a distraction.

"I knew I'd find you eventually." I grinned, looking up at an amused Ethan.

A glasses faced Ethan chuckled. "More like I found you. If I never stopped you, you would've kept prancing your way down the road."

"And you should've." I giggled. "I would've done that to you."

"Rude." Ethan replied, shaking his head with a smile. He turned and started his way up his driveway that held one vehicle.

I nodded, following him. "That's me!"

He walked, leading me up the steps to his porch and inside the front door. He closed the door behind me after I stepped in. "Dad!" Ethan yelled, walking in front of me again.

Coming in the entrance, I am met with the sight of an open kitchen and living room. One half of the room held the kitchen along with a dining area and a bar. The other half was the living room, a long, gray couch facing a flatscreen TV mounted on the wall. The place looked fancy, clean, and well cared for. I was stuck admiring the place when Ethan yelled out again, slightly startling me.