-XV-

Sooooooo....hi

I apologize for everything. I completely lost motivation for everything and deleted the app. I thought I wasn't going to write anymore, but here I am. Some personal things have been happening as well, and I used to go to writing when I got stressed or upset or something so I'm blaming half the reason I'm back on 2020.

I hope you can forgive me <3

Ethan's POV

Walking home was boring and silent. The couple days spent on the phone with Y/n and always having her voice ring out into my ears, insult or not, kept me entertained. A few times of walking home after a slow day at school with the feeling that Y/n was walking right beside me was enough to get used to it. Now, it seemed odd to not have someone to vent to about the annoying stories of my day.

Though, knowing Y/n was at home gave me something to look forward to. Having Y/n alone at a house she wasn't supposed to be at, I could only hope she was never discovered hiding in my bedroom. I went through the day with anxiety of her being found. I never got an angry message from either of my parents, so I'm only hoping I won't be met with an enraged mother as soon as I walk inside. With her headache and lack of energy I doubted she made a noise in the deep sleep she definitely fell in.

The day went slower than normal without Y/n there. I only have one class with her, but it still felt emptier than normal. Third hour went by with Kyle as my only  source of amusement. The hallways seemed quieter as well. I never actually saw Y/n in the hallway but once throughout each day, but missing out on her teasing before fifth hour was great, but different.

The house, like every other day, was quiet when I stepped in. Bits of snow fell off of my shoe and onto the wooded floor below me. Once I slipped my feet out of them and placed my bag on the floor by the kitchen table, I made my way down the hallway to my bedroom.

When I opened the door I expected to see Y/n's curled up form under multiple blankets in my bed. The same as I left her this morning. To my surprise, the angry lump was missing. The blankets were pulled off my bed, placed messily on the floor. With the cold air, it didn't take long to notice the open window.

With furrowed brows, I rushed to window. Panic rose within me when the I saw the footprints in the snow. Quickly, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Y/n, mumbling a string of curse words under my breath. As the phone began ringing, I hurried to make my room look untouched.

"Down here, doofus."

The second those words came out, I rushed back to the window, sticking my head out into the cold. Sitting in the snow under the window was none other than Y/n.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, squeezing myself through the window, gripping a blanket tightly. Cautious not to fall on Y/n, I jump out and land painfully on the cold ground.

Y/n laughed. "Your window is literally four feet off the ground."

Groaning, I sat up and tossed the blanket at Y/n. "Maybe I wanted to feel pain." Ignoring her looks, I remembered what was happening. "Why are you out here?"

She shrugged. "Wanted to see what it was like to be snow."

It was my turn to give her a look.

With a roll of her eyes, she replied, "I thought I'd go home, but walking turned out to not be my thing today." She answered. "It's a cancer thing."

She laughed at her "joke", but she was the only one laughing. It didn't last when she realized I wasn't joining her.

"Stop looking at me like that." She ordered.