~XIII~

Update: I am now dating that guy I was talking about in the end of the previous chapter :)
(Fun fact no one cares about: I'm wearing his hoodie as I'm writing this. It's big happy time)

Y/n's POV

"Are you outside?" Ethan asked, confusion laced in his voice.

I grinned, staring down the dark sidewalk in front of me. "Maybe." I spoke into the phone's microphone.

"Why are you outside? It's almost midnight."

I rolled my eyes at his concern, the slightest smile playing at my lips. "Why does it matter?"

"Well, it's a school night and-"

I cut him off from saying anything else. "It's not like I was going to get sleep anyway." I thought for a moment. "You're the unmedicated one who actually can sleep. Why aren't you doing that instead, goody-two-shoes?"

From the other side of the line a small giggle was heard. It was child-like and innocent. Much like every laugh Ethan let out. "I don't know. I'm having fun and just don't want to go to sleep just yet, I guess."

I smiled to myself in a mischievous way. "You're going to have way more fun in a few minutes."

Saying that, I tightened my grip in the bottle in my hand and sped up my feet just a tad bit. The tap my shoe made against the concrete sidewalk got quicker, but only by a little bit. More excitement ran through my veins the closer I got.

Soon, a thin layer of white snow made a soft crunch under my feet in the small, but familiar backyard of Ethan's house. Setting the bottle down and shoving my phone in my hoodie pocket, I roll the snow into a small ball and toss it at the window I remember as Ethan's.

There was no point to me throwing a snowball at his window but to annoy him. I could easily knock on it, his room being on the first floor, but that wouldn't be as fun.

As soon as the snowball hit the window with a thud, Ethan stopped speaking mid-sentence.

"You okay?" I ask him, pretending I don't know anything.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He giggles. "I think a bird ran into my window, though."

I laughed quietly, hoping he doesn't hear me outside. "Out of all the windows, it had to run into yours."

I threw another snowball, my fingers beginning to feel numb. Ethan excused himself from the call for a moment and soon enough, a light switched on in his bedroom. Slowly, Ethan pulled his curtains to the side and searched his backyard with furrowed brows. Once his eyes landed on me, I stood up from my kneeling position and waved. Ethan smiled with relief, but soon looked at me with panic.

"Wait- why are you here?" He asked, his words rushed together.

I rolled my eyes and walked closer to the window. I rested my elbows on the windowsill, held up my phone and pointed at the amount of time we've been on the phone.

"79 hours. We're way past the record." I grinned. "I think it's time to celebrate."

Ethan looked at me skeptically. "And how are we supposed to do that?"

An evil smile spread across my face. "I may or may not have stolen a bottle of fireball from my parents."

His eyes widen like a child just saw the worst scene in a horror movie. He shook his head. "No. No, no, absolutely not." He whisper yelled, taking a step back from the window."

I pouted, sticking my bottom lip out. "C'mon, Eth."

"You know how much trouble I could get in if my parents walk in on a girl in my room at midnight and drinking?"