-XII-

FUCKING HELL, NOW MY BAND DIRECTOR HAS SKIN CANCER!

I WRITE ONE BOOK ABOUT CANCER AND ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYONE HAS CANCER! MY FUCKINV HEART CANT HANDLE THIS, MAN!

(He's fine though, he's getting it removed soon :) )

Ethan's POV

To say I was tired was an understatement. Night two on the phone with Y/n and we didn't sleep one second. The lack of sleep didn't seem to bother her, which I was envious of. I wish I could sit awake and alert in class after a night of no sleep.

Time spent on the phone with Y/n have been the best. Not a second went by where we weren't laughing together. And -at some points- at each other. In the time of two days, we have gotten closer. I don't know much about her on a deeper level, but I know things a basic friend should know. The conversations that were brought up have shared information about ourselves to each other, giving us the opportunity to bond and relate to one another.

I yawned, breaking me from my thoughts and pulling me back to reality.

Before I could even attempt at finding where my class was in the book we've been reading, we were dismissed to lunch. Having a headache and not wanting to be around people, I headed for the library instead. It was quiet and (for the most part) empty. It was the perfect place for someone in my situation. If I could sleep, I would, but I knew that would only end in the librarian giving me a quiet lecture.

Once I'm situated in a seat by a bookshelf, I pull my phone out of my pocket. With a grin, I open Y/n's messages and sent her a small message.

Are you doing anything right now?

I stared at the message, waiting to see if a bubble would pop up to indicate she was typing. To my satisfaction, it didn't take long for that very bubble to show.

Supposed to be. Not doing it though.

I rolled my eyes at her reply, holding back a chuckle.

Turn your camera on.

With a quick tap, I am brought to the call, showing all the buttons to be pressed. Gently, my thumb presses the circle with the camera on it. Almost instantly, my face popped up on the screen, Y/n's soon following.

She was staring down at her lap, the bottom of her desk visible at the top of the screen. Her expression showed nothing but absolute boredom. I almost felt bad for her.

I rested my cheek on my folded hand. At the sight of her, I grinned at how she looked like she was going to punch someone. I wouldn't doubt it if she was planning on it.

In attempt to lighten her mood, I crossed my eyes. My vision blurred and I could see double. Once I returned my eyes to it's normal position, I saw her as she smiled genuinely. The corners of my mouth pulled upwards.

Abruptly, Y/n raised her hand and looked up and at someone who wasn't visible on screen. She said a few words which I couldn't hear, having the call still muted from both ends, and stood up. Quickly, I pulled my earbuds from out of my pocket when I realized what she was doing.

She didn't pay attention to where the camera was pointed. She let her phone swing in her hand as she walked down the hallway silently, the colors of the walls blending together into a giant blur. It didn't take long before pink walls were visible on the screen in my hand. Soon enough, Y/n's face was visible on the screen as she leaned against the stall door.

"Aren't you supposed to be in lunch?" Y/n asked, suspicious.

I shrugged, whispering, "Didn't feel like going today."

"How about our own lunch after school?" She suggested. "I'm not letting you go the next few hours without eating."

I smiled sadly at the camera. "Grounded, remember?"

Y/n shrugged. "Your parents don't have to know."

I smiled fondly. I wished I was like her. Unafraid to rebel against the rules. She seemed to have no regards for the restrictions set around her and she never once looked like she regretted breaking them. Instead of being full of fear to do anything remotely out of line, I wish I could be like Y/n and be fearless. She seemed to have more fun that way.

"Unlike you, Y/n, I listen to my parents." I joke.

She shrugged. "I listen to my parents. I don't do what they say though."

Instead of paying attention to her sarcastic remark, I gave her a challenging look.

She sighed. "Okay, fine, I don't even listen to them."

I giggled quietly to myself, cautious of my volume.

Y/n decided to change the subject. She readjusted the way she was holding her phone. "Why didn't you go to lunch?"

I shrugged. "Headache. Tired. Just didn't want to be around people."

Y/n grinned wide. "Should've went to bed then, dummy."

My eyes widened and mouth fell open. I made sure to exaggerate my expression a little just to make sure she saw my look. "This is not my fault. I would've gone to sleep if you would have as well. I didn't want to leave you alone all night."

"I'm always up all night alone. I won't be offended if you go to sleep." She laughed, returning my shocked expression. "I even told you not to be worried about having to leave to do something when we started this call."

"Actually, I'm the one who told you that." I corrected, making sure to be quiet, but still loud enough for Y/n to hear me.

"And I said 'ditto', so I basically told you the same thing." Y/n retaliated quickly.

I let out a quiet laugh. I've recently realized I laugh the most when I'm talking to Y/n. Though we had not known each other for long, it seemed like she knew exactly how to make me laugh. She was just like my best friend, Andrew.

I've wanted to have them two hang out. I feel like Y/n and Andrew would be amazing friends. I've almost brought it up multiple times but chickened out every time. I wanted them to be friends, but I didn't know how Y/n would take it. What if she didn't want to talk to anyone else? She's been alone for a while, would introducing her to Andrew this quickly overwhelm her? I didn't have to think about how Andrew felt, I knew he'd be excited to meet her regardless.

Even if he didn't like the idea, I'd make him do it anyway.

Soon, the conversation between us got longer, maybe too long to be a regular bathroom break. With a sad smile, I pointed that fact out.

She cursed under her breath, quickly wrapped up our conversation in rushed words, and put her call back on mute. I followed her actions. The both of us turned our cameras off and I let her get back to whatever class she was in.

For the rest of my short lunch period, I sat silently at a square table with my phone in my hands. I swiped back and forth through my home screen for minutes, realizing there was nothing to occupy my thoughts to keep me awake.

Sighing, I grabbed my bag and slowly made my way toward the cafeteria with dread.

I feel like I'm in a teen romance movie ;-;

Girl likes boy. Boy has girlfriend. Literally every other girl likes boy. Girl and boy goof off and talk to each other a lot. Girl hates liking him like she does with everything in her.

Except this time, this movie doesn't get the happy ending because...well...It's reality :)

A L S O

P S A
IF A FELLOW CLASSMATE IS PEACEFULLY WEARING A PRIDE FLAG AROUND THEIR SHOULDERS AND YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT: IGNORE IT! IT'S NOT THAT HARD! DON'T YELL AT THEM, THREATEN THEM, CUSS THEM OUT, TELL TEACHERS, ECT. SIMPLY TURN AROUND AND IGNORE IT!

Damn, I hate my school -_-

(This has started a whole riot at my school and people are now protesting and wearing American flags to school and are getting suspended for it ;-; yaaaay)