Chapter 1: Vincent

"Vincent, I want you to take over my company."

       It was four years  ago when my mom told me that she was retiring and wanted me to take over her gaming company, Arva Entertainments, one of the top gaming company's in Asia . I've done well in doubling our profits and expanding the business, but I could always do more.

    Today, my mom was visiting me not as a parental figure, but as a stock owner. Although I've inherited the company, she still owned twenty-five percent, but  I liked to receive pointers on how I could run the company better. Our meeting wasn't until one P.M. so I had three hours until then to prepare, so I began to review some statistics of our most recent game research. Lately, our games have trouble appealing to younger audiences, and I wonder if that is what my mother will assist me with. But I have to wonder if she is just going to show up and just say that I've been working too hard, or even worse try to set me up on blind dates with her mahjong partners' daughters again.

But I've been reluctant to tell my mother that I don't like women. Not because I'm ashamed, but because I don't want to disappoint her and same-sex relationships aren't usually recognized in Asia.  And me coming out could possibly hurt the company, and its my mom's legacy so it won't kill me to be straight, like a normal person, for the sake of everything I care about,  I don't mind.

My mom has risked everything for me and this company, and I will not let all her suffering  go to waste just because I can't adhere to social norms.

{FLASHBACK}

SMASH

I was eight years of age when my  father had finally snapped.

   My mother and father were married for six years before they had me. My mother started  Arva Entertainments a year before I was born, and it was doing extremely well. And my father being  raised to think that he must be the bread winner for his family, resented the fact that my mother was making millions and he just lost his job as an accountant.

"Either, let me run Arva or I'll leave!" my father shouted after smashing  a lamp against the living room wall of my childhood home.

Silently, crying my mother responded, " Seung Jo, I love you but no, Arva has always been my dream, and if you loved me you'd stay and respect that."

And just like that my father left us for my mom's old secretary , Candy, not long after we left  our two bedroom apartment in South Korea, and moved into a reasonably sized mansion in Taiwan.

{END OF FLASHBACK}

"Sir your mother has arrived for her one o'clock meeting," my secretary Deng Lun informed me.

"Thank you, Mr. Deng."

"Y- You're welcome sir" The younger man stuttered and blushed slightly

He's been this way ever since the Christmas party, I really don't remember what I did, but I feel like it was something bad, I really hope I didn't accost him. So even if he ever messed up I couldn't fire him, because of the chance that I possibly told him about my sexuality and he could leak it to the world. But I've never had the courage to ask.

I make it to the conference room, and I don't only see my mother but I see all of the stockholders, Which is weird because all of them excluding my mother live in South Korea and travel the world. But it was good to see them, I was on a first name basis with them all. " Good evening, Jungkook, V, Jimin, Suga, Jin, RM, and J-hope."

"Hey." They all said unison. We were a bit unprofessional because of our history, but that is what made us such good business partners.

I look over to my mother and she looks at me hopeful and I immediately think that there is  some great news but then she says. . . .

"We're moving to America!"

So this is my attempt at a story, I'm super nervous. And my mom doesn't know, I'm making it. But please vote, comment, and add it to your list😊😍❤