Chapter 5: Jesse Marlon

^^^Vincent

I write Jesse's full name because I feel that it gives him an aura of respect and power.

Our new partner is one of the kindest women I've ever met. On the two hour drive into D.C., she's been nothing but polite and just a ray of sunshine. The older woman is absolutely adorable, asking questions about every sign and monument we pass.

On the other hand, her son, sits silently and passively, glancing between his phone and window. He didn't give me a great first impression to work with, his weak handshake is something we'll need to work on. A man needs a firm handshake when he does business.

  But every so often I'd catch him glancing up at me. This guy confuses the hell out of me, and as I looked at him, I was just more confused.

I thought he was attractive, and I don't usually check out men, but he was thin, he took care of himself, and he had clear skin and pretty lips.
I usually was into thick girls, thick lips and hips, but this was unprecedented, this guy was literally the opposite of what I usually went for. But damn was he fine.

Time skip

The ride went smoothly with little to no traffic, and before I know it we arrive at the Four Seasons, for the Lans to rest before they start work on Monday.

Ms. Lan and her son go to wait at the near by couches, while I go to check them into their hotel rooms, I told my assistant to book. Everything was fine, until I hear the concierge say seven words.

" Your reservation is not in our system."

I glare at the boy who couldn't be more than nineteen
"Check again, please, my assistant said she booked the rooms a week ago." I say as calmly as I could.

The boy, Charlie, I could see from his name tag; checked for my reservation. He looked down for a second, closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

" I'm sorry, sir, but I think your assistant did it incorrectly."

I was ticked off and Charlie could tell.

" Is everything all right, over here?" I assume he's the hotel manager from his uniform. Although I'm taken aback by how young he is, he had to be in his late-twenties.

He raises a single eyebrow, and I remember what my father said about acting appropriately.

"Yes, I was just leaving."

I signal to Vincent, who seemed to be watching, and his mother that we were leaving.
And as we walked back to the car, I was feeling a multitude of things at the moment, but fear was the most prominent, what was my father going to say when he finds out that I didn't make a reservation? What was Ms. Lan thinking, now that I had almost entirely embarrassed myself in front of her? And why did Vincent have to be watching?

I know no one really reads this, but I really need to make chapters longer. But short chapters add to the suspense. Lastly, I'm looking for someone that could possibly be Jesse but I've got no clue where to start.

Au revoir